Time to get out of Dodge!

Discussion in 'Main Message Board' started by spencerhenry, Jan 22, 2019.

1. TheOtherZilla

TheOtherZilla

Sorry Wyoming is closed today. Maybe the roads will be open tomorrow

2. steve_podleski

steve_podleski

And then there may be a change of gov. that will only confiscate your land if you're lucky.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2019
  3. Bc'z

Bc'z Gold $$ Contributor

You think its heaven now.
    That freight train of humidity is coming,
    then its gonna be HELL.
    And them damn chiggers.

Texas10 and 300_whisper like this.
  4. Rope.Chucker

Rope.Chucker Silver $$ Contributor

Hah. If it doesn't have four seasons, I'm not going!

300_whisper and Bc'z like this.
  5. spencerhenry

spencerhenry

I plowed snow for 7 hours yesterday, I have no problem with winter. Its the entire neighborhood that didn't do anything waiting for me to open the road that I have a problem with. And in return someone called the sheriff to complain about me and I get flipped off and cussed at all the time. Some days I wish I did not have renters so I could just leave the road alone for a week or two in the winter. Some of these people might just perish!
    My grand dream is to be able to do the things I enjoy without be hassled by someone who thinks I shouldn't hunt, or shoot, or burn avgas. Enjoying the outdoors without having to share it with 25 of your closest subaru driving tree huggers. Being able to make a living without someone complaining how you do it. That's all I ask.

Bojo, Just Say Moe and 300_whisper like this.
  6. Tommie

Tommie Gold $$ Contributor

I moved to Casper Wyoming about 7 months ago. No regrets.

mikeinct, Bc'z, joshb and 1 other person like this.
  7. McGraw

McGraw Silver $$ Contributor

We always enjoy stopping in Casper, I can see the appeal of it. Not too big or small, with nice old downtown. Things were really hopping on last trip through, maybe pickup in the oilfield?

Last edited: Jan 23, 2019
  8. joshb

joshb Gold $$ Contributor

How much snow do you get there?

9. TikkaSporter

TikkaSporter

I know the perfect place that is on the market right now, but its in NE Utah. Has an airstrip on the property with a hanger, and a couple of nice gun ranges.

10. Bc'z

Bc'z Gold $$ Contributor

North Platte river to thick to drink, to thin to plow. Holds some killer bows though.
    Wait till next fall and check out meadowlark lake the big 5 to 6 Lb fatties will be up around the beaver dams.
    Yup you picked a great spot centrally located.

11. kvd

kvd Silver $$ Contributor

That is a huge amount of land! Works out to about $5.67 per acre.

12. Dgd6mm

Dgd6mm Silver $$ Contributor

I have property in Sweetwater about 20 miles west of Rawlins. I go out there almost yearly for some months, love it. Casper area is very nice. Wish I would have just bought a house somewhere out there.

13. odie

odie Silver $$ Contributor

Very well spoken. My feelings 100%

TheOtherZilla likes this.
  14. rogn

rogn Silver $$ Contributor

Unfortunately when it does there is h*** to pay. Dove from VA to FL with 10" of snow in the south end. Road crews comments were that the sun would be back out in a day or 2!

Bc'z and 300_whisper like this.
  15. rogn

rogn Silver $$ Contributor

I lie in the PR of MD. It want always like that, time was it had a rural ag base and those rural areas were reasonably conservative. Weve had the same plague of "locusts" that have shown up everywhere. They fly in destroy everything, crap on it and fly off to the next area to corrupt.
    Major industryin metro areas seems to be the multiplication of voters(blue). When they overflow as they always seem to then we have the ruination we see.
    Of course on the otherhand we have the "good old boy" network thats devoted to its own form of corruption which often allows the "locusts" to take over.
    The crux of the matter though is the population increases and the spill over. Anyone have the workable solution here.?

hogpatrol likes this.
  16. 300_whisper

300_whisper Gold $$ Contributor

Condoms and the pill...lol

hogpatrol and Bc'z like this.
  17. rkittine

rkittine Gold $$ Contributor

HOME SWEET HOME RS CRP.jpg SUNSET AT 1 YALE.jpg I do not know anyone one in New York City with a handgun possession permit and that has a second residence, as I do in Sag Harbor, New York that does not have a State Permit associated with that residence and hence allows transportation of your handguns to your other residence. You also can have a firearms permit for New York City for a secondary residence or use of someone else's apartment with written approval, when the city is not your primary residence.

At my house in Sag Harbor, there are typically 5-7 deer there every morning and dozens of ducks.

And my house built in 1839.

Here is my back yard.

Bob

Last edited: Jan 24, 2019
    daleboy and 300_whisper like this.
  18. clams243

clams243 Silver $$ Contributor

Way to many rules, regulations and taxes up North. Escaped from NJ 26 years ago to NC almost felt like Heaven, wish
    I was born here.

300_whisper likes this.
  19. GlockamoleTX

GlockamoleTX

Have lived in Texas the majority of my life and feel fortunate. However, a large state and behaviors/beliefs are a bit different in some areas. Retired in central Texas and like it a lot. Lived in Cody, WY for a time and consider it the best place I've lived. Just the right number of people for me, solid behaviors, and many things to do. If I could have convinced my wife to go back to a colder climate I'd have ended up back in WY.

FAF1947 and 300_whisper like this.
  20. redrockranger

redrockranger

Vasectomy and tubal ligation. The first two options aren't permanent.

KMart likes this.