Official Gun Pix 'Pride & Joy' Thread

Discussion in 'Main Message Board' started by Forum Boss, Sep 23, 2008.

1. LA50SHOOTER

LA50SHOOTER Gold $$ Contributor

28 Nosler - Metal work by Gre-Tan Rifles, Stock by D & B Supply.
    BAT Model "L" 1.650 Oct. action, Jewell BR Trigger
    30 MOA Scope Rail with Sightron SVSS 10-50x (34mm tube)
    4 barrels by Benchmark (2 ea. for 180 gr. Hyb & VLD's & 2 for the 197 / 197) all 34" (1.5 for 7" taper to 1.225 @ muzzle)
    Stock is a Shehane Big-Dawg Tracker with 5" forend in "Field & Stream" Rutland-Laminate. 28 NOS (a).jpg TGT - 28 NOS.jpg 28 NOs (b).jpg

Zero333, cmillard, jimmymac and 5 others like this.
  2. 6.5x47

6.5x47 Gold $$ Contributor

6bra improved built on rblp no eject panda, kreiger 12 twist hv taper barrel @28".
    glued and screwed in adamowicz stock with candy paint. jewell br trigger

Attached Files:

300_whisper, swd, NickB1075 and 2 others like this.
  3. Cigarcop

Cigarcop Gold $$ Contributor

#2 of 4

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 3, 2018
    Zero333, cmillard, jimmymac and 6 others like this.
  4. vahena

vahena Bob Schultz Gold $$ Contributor

Another beautiful rifle Ken, can you give us the stats of the build?
    Rob

CT10ring likes this.
  5. Capt. Oblivious

Capt. Oblivious

Awesome, all off them just awesome

6. JimPag

JimPag Silver $$ Contributor

HPIM4845.JPG 2 of my newest SR score rifles. Top one, Farley Black Widow RBLPRE smithed by Dwight Scott. Pistachio and Carbon Leonard stock glued & screwed by Sid Goodling. Krieger 23.5" bbl chambered in 30BR with a Mike Ezell tuner, a B&A trigger, a Goodling built one piece Davidson base and a NF 42X Comp scope. First match I took it to in Augusta, ME in Sept of 16, I got used pretty HARD. Ended up in 9th with a 249-11X's. Went to the match and I knew it wasn't in tune, didn't have the tuner on at that match either. Fast forward a year later, that exact match shot a 250-23X for 1st place. Funny how you can shoot so much better when the rifle's in tune. Bottom Rifle, Marsh Saguaro RBLPRE Action smithed by Sid Goodling. Rare Screwbean Mesquite & carbon stock by Terry Leonard glued & screwed by Sid. 23" Lilja bbl chambered in 30 Thrasher with a Goodling tuner. This bbl was "Smokin Joe Entrekin's" pet project that he sold me. It's a shortened 30 Dasher case. It was originally chambered for a Farley action, but I had Sid cut the threads off and rechamber it with Panda Tenons. I also have 2 other barrels for this action in 30BR and 6BRAI. It has a B&A trigger, a Goodling built one piece Davidson base with a March 36-55X scope. I went a little overboard on the stock, but I just love wood. By the time it was glued and screwed I have close to $3650.00 into the stock. Haven't had a chance to fire it yet, but I will this year.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 25, 2018
  7. kris bassett

kris bassett Silver $$ Contributor

My Savage model 12 dual port.
    29" barrel
    Farrel 20moa base
    Warne mount
    Vortex 6-24x50 HST
    MPA BA chassis

Attached Files:

Zero333 and 300_whisper like this.
  8. bpd459

bpd459 Gold $$ Contributor

Greetings,
    My newest (should be last...) prone rifle. I'm a Cloward stock guy, but wanted a much less fragile rifle to break down and carry on my motorcycle.
    Barnard S action, 30" Krieger, 1-7 twist medium Palma contour, .223 ISSF chamber. Metal work by Lee Gardner. Yellow Jacket Rifles (Kevan Hoffarth) chassis stock.

Take care,
    John
    20180127_091730.jpg

Zero333, kris bassett and 300_whisper like this.
  9. CT10ring

CT10ring Gold $$ Contributor

Ruger M77 220 Swift. take a trip back to 1974, when this rifle was made. I bought unseen secondhand for less than the cost of a nice barrel! and it shoots.
    Glad I did. The metalwork is just great, controlled feed. Terrific, crisp trigger. I have a soft spot for Ruger No 1's too.
    If memory serves, one of my longest PD hits was with this rifle, over 750 yds...
    Ruger_77_1.jpg ruger 77.jpg

10. Phil

Phil Gold $$ Contributor

That screwbean stock is stunning..........:eek::eek:;)

swd likes this.
  11. JimPag

Thanks Phil. Terry Leonard was excited about doing it. He said that he's never even seen screwbean before. He had it done in less than 2 weeks. Well like Dave Apple says, if it don't shoot at least it looks good. LOL.

12. A j shooter

A j shooter Shoot often Silver $$ Contributor

My new rifle ready for business 820A3EA2-A320-4616-8A8C-C9C30B2F798E.jpeg

13. Rushty

Rushty Gold $$ Contributor

Very nice indeed... what are the components and chambering?

Cheers Rushty

14. A j shooter

A j shooter Shoot often Silver $$ Contributor

Bat DS Scoville Stock 6ppc kreiger barrel .
    Metal work done by Dave Bruno I highly recommend.
    getting ready for my first match can’t wait.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2018
  15. Matthew J Myers

Matthew J Myers

Full custom 26 Nosler. Northwest Action Works Barreled action. Defiance Deviant Hunter, Proof carbon 26" with +p throat. manners EH-1 with internal block, NF NXS 5.5-22x56, atlas bipod, vais brake, custom bolt knob with inset cartridge case. cobalt cerakote on all metal. shoots clover leafs with 140 Bergers @ 3320fps

26.png

Last edited: Feb 13, 2018
  16. JimPag

3 more of my SR score rifles. Top HV RR Panda action smithed by Bob Brackney and Sid Goodling. Bartlein 17TW 30BR, McMillan stock glued & screwed by Sid, B&A trigger, NF BR 12-42x56, Goodling tuner. Have 9 other barrels for this rifle in 30BR, 6PPC and 22PPC. Middle rifle HV Bat B SS RBLPRE multiflat smithed by Dwight Scott and Sid Goodling. Barrel on rifle in picture Hart 16tw chambered in 30 Jaguar 2 (30x46 35 degree shoulder). Scoville teal colored stock glued and screwed by Sid. B&A trigger. Goodling built one piece Davidson base with March 10-60x52 Tactical. Ezell Tuner. Have 9 other barrels for this rifle, 5 in 30BR, 1 in 30BRX, 2 in 6BR and 1 in 6x47. Bottom one HV Borden Rimrock BR RBLPRE chromemoly action. According to Borden only about 6 made. Smithed by Borden and Goodling. Krieger 18TW 23" 30BR barrel with Jackie Schmidt tuner. R&M stock, B&A trigger, 2 piece Borden base with a NF BR 12-42x56 scope. I will be replacing the 2 NF BR's with some brand new Kahles K1050's one with a DD reticle, the other a crosshair and dot reticle from Italy tomorrow. The only reticle available from dealers in the USA is the MOAK reticle and it's too busy a reticle for SR score IMO.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 13, 2018
  17. JimPag

2 more. Top one LV Borden Rimrock BR RBLPRE smithed by Borden came with 2 barrels Hart and Krieger 13.5tw chambered in 6PPC with a .262 nk and threaded for Goodling tuner, only 47 rounds on rifle. B&A trigger, R&M stock. Bottom rifle, early Farley Black Widow, RBLPRE smithed by Sid Goodling. B&A trigger. Terry Leonard Redwood & Carbon Fiber select stock, glued and screwed by Sid. Krieger 17tw chambered in 30BR with Ezell tuner. Goodling built 1 piece Davidson base with March 48x HM scope. This rifle was on the cover of Precision Shooting July 2009 issue when Sid built it for Dave Apple. This was my 1st SR score rifle. Bought it from Dean Breeden of MD.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 25, 2018
  18. 300_whisper

300_whisper Silver $$ Contributor

@JimPag that bottom one in your second group of pics is stunning.

19. JimPag

That's funny because that's my least favorite wood stock that I own. I never really liked Terry's Redwood and carbon stocks. The pictures don't do the stock any justice. Everytime you see a Leonard stock it's usually a Redwood. Granted this one is highly fiddled, but I'm not crazy about darker woods. I like a medium colored wood. Dave told Terry that he wanted an exceptional piece of redwood and Terry found one and this stock is the end result. When I bought it from Dean, I was only luke warm about the stock. It was just that I wanted a Farley BW. It just seemed that nobody had one up this way and I wanted something different. I was going to have a new one built and when I first met Dean in 2012 he saw that I was shooting a factory Sako TRG 22. I told him that I wanted a FBW and he told me that he was willing to sell me his because he wanted to standardize all his rifles to Bats. So I ended up buying it in Oct of 2012. I only shoot this rifle at 100 yards.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2018
  20. jhn

jhn

Finnaly my rifle is done, thanks to Pirosport in Krimpen aan den Ijsel (Netherlands).
    Its a full retro, getting the .222 back in line, with the newer cardridges like the 6ppc.

Picture below, is taken by the shop owner, myself waighting for the paperwork.

Action= BAT Machine varmint 2 lug, zero MOA Piccitany rail.
    Bolt has spring plunger removed, replacesed with a solid bar, to fill up the hole.
    Barrel= LW Match 1-14 22' straight bull with SAAMI spec chamber, but with zero free traffel.
    Trigger= Timney benchrest.
    Stock= MC Millan ATH with 3D But plate, finger adjustable cheek rest, and a Anchutz rail.
    Stil black, but next year there gonna be a nice paintjob on it!

Duty, target ( precision rifle) and some bench rest

Not in my safe yet, but yey so exited. 540.jpg

CT10ring, 357Mag, jimmymac and 2 others like this.