New sellers in the scope section

Discussion in 'Main Message Board' started by Dusty Stevens, Aug 18, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lucky Shooter

Lucky Shooter Gold $$ Contributor

It seems to be an old, widely used custom that the seller runs the show and the buyer complies.

At times this hasn't been a problem but it seems the scammers have popped up everywhere.

I'm primarily a buyer and have tried to maintain a reputation for being honest and meeting my
    commitments-----also a world class skeptic.

I've tried----sometimes successfully----to reverse the buyer/seller roles when I have any doubt
    about the seller. I've asked some sellers to send me the goods and then I'll send the money when
    I've had a chance to examine the goods. This has worked some times but some sellers wouldn't
    go for this.

Why should buyers be expected to trust sellers but sellers don't have to trust buyers ?

What happened to the old saying---"cash is king" ?

Thankfully there is a bond of trust and respect among shooters and every deal doesn't have to be
    an ordeal.

A. Weldy

Nature Boy, MikeT49, 6MMsteve and 2 others like this.
  2. Nick Caprinolo

Nick Caprinolo Gold $$ Contributor

It wouldn't hurt for new members trying to sell items to become paying members. I simply won't buy to those who are not at least a Silver Member. Just a matter of principal. Too cheap to to support this forum, makes you not trustworthy to sell high priced shooting gear. This forum doesn't run on air.

The more you complain, the more it looks as if you have an agenda that is less than honorable. You are drawing undue attention to yourself. The question begs, why keep this going?

This forum is mainly for discussion of topics related to accurate shooting and it's related equipment. So far, you have add nothing meaningful to that subject. All you have done is complain about the buying a selling practices of our long time, experienced members, many of whom have suffered at the hands of unscrupulous sellers, most often first time new members.

If I were you, I would go find a place where folks are like minded to your thinking. Plainly, no one here thinks your way.

3. PatMiles

PatMiles Gold $$ Contributor

Well said!

4. Rustytigwire

Rustytigwire Gold $$ Contributor

The one furthest from the lion.

5. PatMiles

PatMiles Gold $$ Contributor

Which is the one who thinks it's a lion!

6MMsteve likes this.
  6. 6MMsteve

6MMsteve Gold $$ Contributor

thanks PA your a good man

7. paperpuncher

paperpuncher Silver $$ Contributor

The one who can run faster :D

PatMiles likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.