V3 Auto Trickler Released!

Discussion in 'Reloading Forum (All Calibers)' started by Killick, May 24, 2019.

1. jthor

jthor

I’m not one for being a grammar nazi considering I’m an engineering student, but man... Maybe you should reread through what you type. I’m dyslexic and I have to all the time.

2. Drolds72

Drolds72 Gold $$ Contributor

I just ordered the shotmarker. Not a preorder per se' but wait time clearly posted on order screen of 5-6 weeks, and I got a confirm email that said CC would not be charged until it was ready to ship. Seems pretty clear to me, Adam knows how to manage his business and cashflow.

3. Ccrider

Ccrider Gold $$ Contributor

Depends on who the seller is and their practices. When I ordered my SEB, I did not have to prepay. When they got here, I got an email from Mike with an invoice and sent payment.

Really nothing to complain about. If you don’t want to prepay, don’t order.

group therapy, PatMiles and jthor like this.
  4. LVLAaron

LVLAaron Gold $$ Contributor

Ordered 5/24 - Still not shipped. Not complaining. Just an update.

I did order both the AutoTrickler & AutoThrow, however.

5. michaeljp65

michaeljp65

Same here ordered 5/24, but im in Australia so probably get it in August sometime.

6. kneedtospeed

kneedtospeed Gold $$ Contributor

Patience, Dr.
    Adam is a Good Guy!
    You planned on investing the money anyways, so rest assured you will be happy with it, and the anticipation will be forgotten very soon. Many premium wants, in our sport, demand a wait period.

7. Nature Boy

Nature Boy Gold $$ Contributor

Agreed. Such is the nature of small, one man operations.

Besides, if lead times are approximately one month and you order at the beginning of billing period, the credit card is floating the “loan”

arkcomatt and rardoin like this.
  8. INTJ

INTJ Gold $$ Contributor

Adam is a great guy and we need to support and encourage him. There is simply not enough time in my life to hand weigh the 300 rounds of 600/1000 yd BR loads I need for an NBRSA Nationals.

As to accuracy. My Chargemaster threw to within plus or minus .2 to .3 grains on its scale. IIRC, when I checked the accuracy of the scale itself it was around .2 grain accuracy. My RCBS 10-10 is within .09 grain accuracy. My Sartorius with Autothrow and Autotrickler is within a kernel, which is under .02 grains. The Sartorius is accurate to .001 grains but kernels of Varget vary from .018 to .024.

The .09 grain accuracy of my 10-10 was enough for 1000 yd screamer groups and single digit ES in my 300 WSM a dozen years ago. However, the 10-10 is slow. The Chargemaster is also slow when you get it down to its .2 grain accuracy.

The Autothrow and Autotrickler, whether with A&D or Sartorius, is much faster to its .02 grain/one kernel accuracy.

How much de we need? In a 338 Edge I was well under 1/2 MOA with the Chargemaster. I have had no issues getting close to 1/2 MOA in hunting rifles of 30-06 capacity cases and up.

I think the 10-10 would be okay for a 6 BRA in 1k BR. A Scott Parker tuned scale would be as competitive as the A&D or Sartorius. However, I would take a long time to load 300 rounds of LR BR ammo hand weighing.

YMMV........

group therapy and kneedtospeed like this.
  9. arkcomatt

arkcomatt Matt Owens Gold $$ Contributor

It is a big investment to come out with a new product or upgrade. A small company may have the time and ability but not the resources without help. So if you believe in the product, then why not help out by paying in advance....

Ccrider, Mulligan, Drolds72 and 4 others like this.
  10. Linko

Linko Silver $$ Contributor

How does the Area 419 straw replacement attach to the scale?

11. MikeMcCasland

MikeMcCasland Silver $$ Contributor

It just threads on to the underside of the auto throw, clamping to the top cover in the process. Very simple.

12. Nature Boy

Nature Boy Gold $$ Contributor

FYI

Ordered just the blue tooth upgrade on 6/9 and it shipped today.

13. jthor

jthor

Curious if any full kits have shipped at this point.

14. bradb

bradb Silver $$ Contributor

I was told my full upgrade kit is set to ship next week.
    I ordered as soon as it was available

15. RedfootRanch

RedfootRanch Silver $$ Contributor

I ordered the electronics on 6.12 and got an email today that it had been shipped. Just checked my 'parcel tracking' app and it has been picked up by Canada Post.

16. Rushty

Rushty Silver $$ Contributor

Mines in the mail :):):)

17. Linko

Linko Silver $$ Contributor

I prefer using tweezers and adding one kernel at a time. I spend all my free time loading and saves me the trip to the range. o_O

INTJ and dickn52 like this.
  18. One Shot One Thrill

One Shot One Thrill

I have mine and it is Sweet! Just download the app and punch in your target weight Awsome!!
    Thank Y'all !!

kneedtospeed likes this.
  19. Willow

Willow

Hmm, I haven't heard anything on mine...CC charged on 31 May...

20. jthor

jthor

Electronics or full kit?