Tikka trigger needs !!

Discussion in 'Main Message Board' started by shootist, Aug 13, 2017.

1. Edwin Gideons

Edwin Gideons Silver $$ Contributor

I appreciate you looking and expect no less from a fellow left handed shooter! I would have stuck with the Timney just because it’s easy but they don’t do lefties. Whidden returned my message this morning with all the info on the Barnard.

r bose likes this.
  2. 370bc

370bc Silver $$ Contributor

Can anyone give a comparison to the factory tikka trigger to a bix 'n andy? Would the be a 50% increase in performance between the 2? A 75% difference? Thx in advance. I have had the chance to use a B&A trigger........ yet.

3. Capt. Oblivious

Capt. Oblivious

Its very hard to say imo, i have shot properly tuned tikka triggers with aftermarket springs that brakes like glass time after time. I would say n factory trigger as is would see you gaining 50% with a bix but not over n properly tuned tikka but the bix will be more precise especially to the real good shooter

370bc likes this.
  4. gunsandgunsmithing

gunsandgunsmithing The best tuners and wind flags on the market Gold $$ Contributor

I really don't want to imagine life without good triggers! I assume guns would still go bang though.

joshb likes this.
  5. K22

K22

6. STOMP442

STOMP442 Gold $$ Contributor

Jard makes an outstanding trigger for a Tikka and you can buy them factory set at your specified pull weight.

gunsandgunsmithing likes this.
  7. dgeesaman

dgeesaman Gold $$ Contributor

Well that is not a reasonable question - there is no performance metric for triggers other than weight, which is both adjustable and well documented for each trigger. And pull weight is not the be-all end-all.

I took a stock Sako trigger off of my Sako Quad and put on a Bix'n Andy (single stage). It's epic. It's that good, and I'm still running over a half pound of pull weight. In terms of consistency of pull weight, crispness of the break, etc the B&A is better. I prefer two-stage myself but a Bix'n Andy single stage is better to shoot that most really good two stage triggers.

That said, the stock Sako and Tikka triggers are pretty darn good, particularly considering their cost. It's hard to justify spending $500 over and above those factory triggers.

370bc and joshb like this.
  8. Flouncer

Flouncer What the heck it works for me !! Gold $$ Contributor

Just for the end of the dead horse beating, ad infinitum, "Mauser" triggers are certainly not lawyer designed. This thread caught my eye and it's amusing but I'm staying with my stock Tikka hunting trigger. It's a hunting rifle. We are not all here to TRY and shoot tiny groups or compete. :)

dgeesaman likes this.
  9. daleboy

daleboy Silver $$ Contributor

Quote:"I have never in my life had a trigger as the main issue standing in the way of how accurate I could shoot the rifle or the pistol."

Maybe get an adult to take you to the range? You have to start shooting someday . Typing BS on the internet is not the same as actually shooting.:rolleyes:

Edwin Gideons and joshb like this.
  10. Thauglor

Thauglor Gold $$ Contributor

Edwin, I have a Barnard for a T3 that isn't being used, sent you a PM

Edwin Gideons likes this.