Tikka trigger needs !!

Discussion in 'Main Message Board' started by shootist, Aug 13, 2017.

1. shootist

shootist

Hello shooters

I'm in need of a good replacement trigger for a Tikka T3

Does anyone know who's making
    good triggers?

Looking for a CG 22 for a Tikka

Would love a good two stage trigger..

2. swehrman

swehrman Silver $$ Contributor

mikegaiz likes this.
  3. Zero333

Zero333 Silver $$ Contributor

I shot a tikka yesterday and I though it had a good factory trigger.

I hear you about a 2-stage. I recently got a Calvin Elite Timney 2-stage for my r700.

I think the CG might be the only 2-stage option for your T3 unless you know where to get a Sako TRG trigger.

Good luck.

4. lynxer

lynxer

5. r bose

r bose

mikegaiz and Zero333 like this.
  6. Edwin Gideons

Edwin Gideons Silver $$ Contributor

Resurrecting this thread as I am searching for a Tikka option. I switched to left hand rifles and the Timney is no longer an option. I am interested in the Barnard option but I’m not sure what model to look at. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

7. McGraw

McGraw Silver $$ Contributor

You might check out Yodave trigger spring for your current trigger.

joshb likes this.
  8. Dusty Stevens

Dusty Stevens COVFEFE- Thread Derail Crew Gold $$ Contributor

Put a wanted to buy ad in the classifieds

9. Willow

Willow

Timney do a 2 stage. KRG also do a trigger which is supposed to be pretty slick.

10. joshb

joshb Gold $$ Contributor

The Yo Dave spring is what I use. Worth a try for $10. I think Bix &Andy makes a Tikka trigger but not sure about a left handed model.

11. Twdmar

Twdmar

You are not going to be able to get a cg 22 imported into the states. If you want a light 2 stage get the barnard. There is only one model but you can change the springs. The bixn andy is single stage.

12. mauser284

mauser284

I think a lot of you guys have gone off the deep end. Why does it need a new trigger? What is wrong with the trigger? What have you tried? What outcome do you seek that you think a different trigger will solve?

I am not saying you are wrong but it seems like everyone thinks they need a new trigger on every rifle they buy. It kind of reminds me of people that think they need a different intake air filter and a larger duel exhaust on every car they buy!

Most triggers are adjustable. Most have the option of modifing the stock springs or lightly stoning the levers that make up the trigger and the sear.

I have never in my life had a trigger as the main issue standing in the way of how accurate I could shoot the rifle or the pistol.

I would go so far as to say that if a person can not shoot a tight group with a stock trigger they will never be able to shoot a tight group no matter what trigger they install. Miltary Snipers and Infantry shoot humans trying not to get shot at long distances on moving target with the crapiest trigger's on the earth most of them being 2 stage triggers all day everyday!

In fact we even have some shooting sports that have started to limit how light a trigger can be which I think is a good thing.

https://timneytriggers.com/tikka-t3/

https://www.full30.com/watch/MDE2ODYz/tikka-t3-t3x-trigger-spring-kit-mcarbo

Rustytigwire likes this.
  13. Edwin Gideons

I don’t remember asking for someone’s limited opinion on personal trigger needs. I seriously only need the model number of the Barnard trigger that fits.

You’ve obviously never shot a PRS match, at least not competitively. You also don’t seem to understand trigger mechanics and how they apply to marksmanship fundamentals. Tikka triggers do have a bit of over travel that’s not easy to just “tune” out.

I do believe there is a section dedicated to opinions and rants so, rather than waist our time with your subjective cynicism, take your rants there.

daleboy, Cubby, MislMan and 4 others like this.
  14. MikeMcCasland

MikeMcCasland Silver $$ Contributor

You ain't getting most factory triggers safe at ~2-5 ounces, and it's significantly harder (at least for me) to shoot consistently at heavier weights.

For a hunting gun, sure a factory trigger can work no problem, but for accuracy work, there's a reason why Bix/Jewel/TriggerTech exist; they offer a real advantage.

It's gotten so bad for me, I have a hard time with triggers over 1lb in pull weight.

Whatever floats your boat though; if you can win with a 2lb trigger, more power to ya! ;)

15. Dusty Stevens

Dusty Stevens COVFEFE- Thread Derail Crew Gold $$ Contributor

This is funny. Obviously your mauser triggers are fine for your use. We usually replace triggers not like putting on chrome tips or curb feelers, but to be able to shoot without disturbing the rifle. You cant shoot tiny groups with a factory trigger no matter what, therefore we replace the crappy lawyer designed trigger with a more suitable replacement. A factory trigger usually does work for hunting and hanging out bothering people at the range, but most folks here are trying to compete or get the most accuracy out of their setup.

Edwin Gideons likes this.
  16. Edwin Gideons

Some people just aren’t going to get it

daleboy and Dusty Stevens like this.
  17. kerjo

kerjo Silver $$ Contributor

+1 for Bix'n Andy

18. boltfluter

boltfluter Gold $$ Contributor

I would like to personally thank the boss for the ignore button. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Paul

Paul

Last edited: Jul 16, 2019
    joshb likes this.
  19. joshb

joshb Gold $$ Contributor

“I think a lot of you guys have gone off the deep end!”
    Actually, this is true........but the site term for my mental condition is “down the rabbit hole”. Happily I go, further into the depths. My wife and some of my friends think me obsessed!;)

Mouser doesn’t “get it”.................yet.o_O

“I have never in my life had a trigger as the main issue standing in the way of howaccurate I could shoot the rifle or the pistol.”

This is an accurate explanation of the experience level we’re dealing with.

daleboy, MislMan and Dusty Stevens like this.
  20. r bose

r bose

When I wrote this I should have said I own a left hand T3 Sporter so the Bernard will fit. I own one. Looking at the instructions, I don't see a model number for the trigger.