The Viper!

Discussion in 'Gun Project Questions & Gunsmithing' started by Butch Bradshaw, Feb 25, 2020.

1. Butch Bradshaw

Butch Bradshaw Gold $$ Contributor

I just want to publicly thank "The Viper" (Bob Pastor) for offering to help a newbie thread and chamber my first barrel. Bob is a true gentleman and and a great mentor, and whom I now consider a friend as well. Bob is a wealth of information and patience, explaining each step in detail.

While I didn't actually do any of the tenon machining, I did help setup, indicate, and do the chambering myself.

The "Lathe Cave" was in itself worth the visit. Everything was immaculately clean and organized, with walls full of trophies, pictures of accomplishments and memories.

So thank you again, for the wealth of information and generosity I took home that day.

Butch Bradshaw

Judd, Raythemanroe, dogdude and 5 others like this.
  2. Terry

Terry Gold $$ Contributor

Bob's a great guy!

3. Dusty Stevens

Dusty Stevens COVFEFE- Thread Derail Crew Gold $$ Contributor

Excellent!

dogdude and Butch Bradshaw like this.
  4. GNERGY

GNERGY Silver $$ Contributor

Bob read a thread I did about turning down a 1.450 Dia. barrel to 1.250 and tapered it to 1.00 at the muzzle. It took me over 5 hours to accomplish. Bob PM'd me and gave me some tips and actually sent me some tool steel inserts to try instead of the carbide I was trying to use. He was very knowledgeable and I called him and we talked on the phone for a while. I use a fixture like his to dial in the barrels that I thread and chamber.
    Tarey

Butch Bradshaw and dogdude like this.
  5. dogdude

dogdude Egan O'Brien Gold $$ Contributor

Bob's Da Man :D

Butch Bradshaw likes this.
  6. ljmontano

ljmontano

He helped me out on cutting threads, he even stayed up till I got off work to answer questions.
    Thanks Bob

Stan Taylor likes this.
  7. The Viper

The Viper Gold $$ Contributor

Hi Guys,

When I first started shooting and machining, there were several guys who stepped up to help me out. I never forgot the feeling that they left with me. I just enjoy helping guys getting started. This is the best site for getting help from guys who have already made the mistakes and found the answers. The wealth of knowledge on this site is amazing.

"Ask and ye shall receive".

The Viper

Gun Smith, Cigarcop, ridgeway and 6 others like this.
  8. JLDavid

JLDavid GO BEAVS!! Gold $$ Contributor

I have wasted a lot of Bob's time on the phone and with emails but he has never hung up until he was sure I had a grasp on the topic at hand. I still pop in his chambering videos every now and then just to pick up another bit of information on the threading and chambering process. A great guy to talk to especially if you are a beginner.

David

Butch Bradshaw likes this.