HOW to POST an AD with PHOTOS

Discussion in 'Tools, Dies, Rests, Reloading Components & Misc' started by Forum Boss, Jul 3, 2005.

Trader History (3)
  1. Forum Boss

Forum Boss Administrator

Click "Post New Thread" in the Classifieds Zone.
    The Blue Post New Thread button is at the upper right, above the first Classified Thread.

Title your advert, and type the text of your advert in the message box.

Now you're ready to add one or more pictures. There are two ways to do this.

GET IMAGE From Your Computer

It is easy to post photos of your rifles, stocks, and other sale itesm. It is now easier than every to post photos on our Message Boards.

EASY UPLOAD for image on your hard-drive

Drag and Drop is here. Yes, you can simply drag a photo from a folder on your computer into the post entry screen and it will appear there.

Then select whether you want the post to appear full-size or as a thumbnail.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

UPLOAD File with Upload Button

If you're not comfortable dragging a photo (this may be difficult with a smartphone), you can still embed an image into a post by clicking a button. Click the "upload file" button, then select an image from a location on your computer.

[​IMG]

After the file uploads, select "Full Image" or "Thumbnail". This will place the image inside your post. Then Click "Post Reply" and you're done. We recommend that the first image be a "FULL IMAGE". That will help people see your product immediately.

----------

HOW to POST a Web-Hosted Picture

If you have already uploaded a photo to a webhost, such as Tinypic.com, you can embed that photo in your advert. Just get the URL from the photo host. Then click on the Image button in the window for making a post. This is the button just to the right of the smiley face. Click the button and then paste the URL in the field.

Now finish writing your post and click "Post Reply."

IMPORTANT -- ABOUT PICTURE SIZES

Please keep your images to 800 pixels wide at the most. This will make it easier for others to read the boards. There is no need for a photo more than 1000 pixels wide or tall.

If you need to resize your photos, you can download FREE software called "Irfanview". This can crop, re-size, and color correct. GET Irfanview here: http://www.irfanview.com/main_download_engl.htm .

Last edited: Jan 8, 2016
  2. Richard Mikesell

Richard Mikesell

I'm sorry, but I cannot find the "classified forum", and the "dies, brass, bullets, scope FS" does not have a "new topic" (that is what I want to sell). Could you navigate me to it, please? Put another way, how do I list bullets for sale?
    Richard

pavementends likes this.
  3. RW

RW

50 winchester 270 brass

4. scope eye

scope eye

How do post the green "selling" Icon.
    as well as they "wanted" and "sold" one.

Thanks Dean

5. dogdude

dogdude Egan O'Brien Gold $$ Contributor

scope eye, at the bottom right in the classifieds ..POST NEW THREAD, hit that and a page will come up..on top left it says PREFIX..hit that and the Buying, Selling, Wanted icons come up..take your choice.

6. scope eye

scope eye

This is what it says

(You have insufficient privileges to post here.)

7. scope eye

scope eye

I had the "privilege" of posting in the classifieds until I posted the question. So basically an administrator takes the time to read my post, but does not take the time answer my question. Then limits my forum access without even having the courtesy of telling me why. Nice

GENERAL: The Classified Ad section is offered as a FREE service to FORUM members.

Last edited: Aug 25, 2017
  8. scope eye

scope eye

Shooters Forum admin@shootersforum.com via amazonses.com
    12:01 AM (4 hours ago)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    to me
    [​IMG]

Hello scope eye,

We at Shooters Forum would like to wish you a happy birthday today!

I don't know why but I find that Hysterical and kind of Ironic.

If that is your way of wishing me happy birthday, for future reference please don't.

PS: GENERAL: The Classified Ad section is offered as a FREE service to FORUM members.

Last edited: Sep 4, 2017