PLEASE READ How to Get Banned from This Forum

Discussion in 'Main Message Board' started by Forum Boss, Dec 26, 2019.

1. group therapy

group therapy Gold $$ Contributor

THERE YOU GO!!!! they are not worth the time!! this is hands down the BEST (look at the members list, world record holders, smith's, great shooters and great people that are trying to shooto_O) site for shooters and especially SERIOUS shooters (no y'all, not me:D). thanks for this site, from all of us:)

foxguy, Texas10, NorCalMikie and 4 others like this.
  2. murray brook

murray brook Silver $$ Contributor

It would be nice if we knew who got the boot.

3. Bill Norris

Bill Norris Silver $$ Contributor

Great job Boss. This is too good of a forum and u do a fantastic job keeping up with all of it. No need to allow the idiots to ruin it for all the good guys. Thanks.

Ron Gorski likes this.
  4. TAJ45

TAJ45 Gold $$ Contributor

Hey, gone is gone. Like pulling your hand out of a bucket of water. It really matters not. No need for an actual name that could possibly result in litigation imo.

Ramblerman and hpshooter like this.
  5. rwj

rwj Gold $$ Contributor

Agreed, no need for names/handles. However, some knowledge of the interaction(s) may help others near that infraction line alter their behavior before getting banned...

300_whisper likes this.
  6. dellet

dellet Gold $$ Contributor

Forums seem to be part club house, schoolhouse, and business. It’s hard to be a friend, school marm, and boss all wrapped up in one person. People that can do all three well have my respect.

As a small business owner I try to find things that will help my customers, therefore my business, many times at the cost of my own sanity or health, that’s counter productive. If I don’t feel good, it leaks out into how I treat my customers.

It was probably 5 years before I fired my first customer, probably didn’t sleep for a couple nights, certain the business would fail within a week. 30 years later I’m still there and have asked people to leave before we ever got started. Generally because the first words out of their mouth were negative about the last guy who tried to help them. I can’t afford to be the next “last guy”. I suspect the banning of trouble makers will be a similar learning curve.

Bottom line, if it’s good for my mental health, lowers my stress level, it’s likely good for my customers.

48000 people aren’t here for drama, don’t let the 500 who are, waste your time and cause you stress that leaks out into the rest of what you have here. It’s not worth it.

Thanks for what you have built here. Please protect it.

ebb, NorCalMikie, Titandriver and 2 others like this.
  7. Daddymac

Daddymac Gold $$ Contributor

Thank you, thank you, thank you, I wish other forum mods would follow your example.

joshb likes this.
  8. Steve Ladino

Steve Ladino

Thanks for all you do ! No one deserves that disrespect. I think all of us would agree that this web site is truly a great asset to all shooters.

joshb and SDDasher like this.
  9. Steve Nicholas

Steve Nicholas

This may be the best site on the internet. Thanks Boss for keeping it that way. I know it takes a lot of work - But that is what keeps this site at the top.

Steve Nicholas

joshb likes this.
  10. DHuffman

DHuffman Gold $$ Contributor

That would only allow people with bad intentions to know how far they can push it and still stay here.

I think if anyone is about to make a post and questions whether it's going too far chances are it is.

I read and learn a lot here but find myself posting less and less so I don't have to listen to all the people telling me I'm doing it wrong. I'd rather take a serious question to PM with someone I trust and respect than endure the opinions of folks who may be here just to argue.

11. INShooter

INShooter Gold $$ Contributor

^^^^It does seem like there is a lot more “You don’t know what your saying” than in years past. Perhaps it is just cabin fever setting in.

joshb, Bc'z and D Coots like this.
  12. Road_Clam

Road_Clam

I generally try not to categorize and judge but I frequent many forums. Some are mature , some are "less that mature" and a few are downright angry obnoxious. What sets the behavior precedence is the mods behavioral standards and the level of enforcement. Seems that the 20-something drunken AR couch commandos are the #1 generation of loud mouthed forum bullies. I don't post often here as I consider myself a precision novice, so i'm more here to read up and learn. I like it here. I also enjoy TFL forum, another mature hangout. If someone has to resort to foul language and personal attacks you all know that individual is just an unstable , forever angry pu$$y hiding behind a laptop screen. Too bad so many people choose to live that way. Thank you mods for all you tolerate !

Rich K.

Ramblerman, joshb and SSL like this.
  13. nhshooter

nhshooter Gold $$ Contributor

like they say you can't fix stupid Keep up the good work!!

joshb likes this.
  14. mousegunner

mousegunner

Bought a carbine from a fellow member and communication was always good. A real gentleman to work with. If there had been any kind of bad behavior on either side it would have been a red flag to the other party. Point is that there's lots of good people here and keeping out any bad apples makes this a great place to trade. Thanks for your efforts boss.

Pappy42, muleman69 and joshb like this.
  15. Twicepop

Twicepop Silver $$ Contributor

As one of the aforementioned parties, I will at this time admit that I screwed up and I served my "time out" for doing so. I thought the original comments directed at me were the start of a semi-good natured "barb", I was wrong and it quickly got out of hand.

16. Surfgent

Surfgent

Ya some people are just bad mannered online. I just come here to talk reloading. But I've been mildly insulted on hear but I just ignored him

SPJ likes this.
  17. 338 dude

338 dude Gold $$ Contributor

So far out of line I shouldn’t even have to say I know your job is tough but had no idea exactly what you have to deal with thank you you are to be commended

Surfgent and Mulligan like this.
  18. 338 dude

338 dude Gold $$ Contributor

. You did your time in my book you are forgiven we all have moments and are judged by how we handle them I have personally been there twice look for the ignore button

Surfgent, Pappy42, jwink and 3 others like this.
  19. Flouncer

Flouncer What the heck it works for me !! Gold $$ Contributor

Said above by more and better than I. Just renewed membership. I Try to speak with $$ to amplify the signal. Keep up the good work.

joshb, 338 dude and SPJ like this.