Help with homepage, Please

Discussion in 'Main Message Board' started by ebb, Apr 8, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ebb

ebb

I am trying to find a new homepage, and don't know much about how to find one that I can live with. Mine is set to Google and it is way to one sided politically to suit me. I would like to get news but I want real news not 9 out of 10 stories about how our president screwed up. Is there a homepage that gives the truth not news that's slanted towards their agenda? It would be even better if there was a gun friendly home page ??? Any help would be much appreciated.

2. Forum Boss

Forum Boss Administrator

Reuters is more balanced than most news sources but still left leaning. But You will be surprised at news that, for most part, simply states facts without trying to advance an agenda.

My main advice is simply set your Google home page to display only the search field. You can do the same with Safari for Macs.

The page will display faster and there will be less tracking

3. ebb

ebb

I really appreciate your taking the time to respond. But I have no idea what you said. I assume that means I can customize the page, and I should ask it to give me search field only??? Daughter is coming today to get masks my wife is making for the nurses, maybe she can fix it for me. Is there a tool bar to my Google page I don't know about??

Forum Boss: If you are using Google Chrome. You can "Customize" your home page (see lower right). You can select a blank page and then elect to turn on/off most visited sites. Here is my home page on Chrome running on Windows 10:

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 9, 2020
    Mike Powers likes this.
  4. 300_whisper

300_whisper Silver $$ Contributor

Hate to break it to you. You want good news you’re going to have to pay for it. Wall Street journal is good, has a right leaning slant though. Not sensationalized which I appreciate.

dgeesaman likes this.
  5. D-4297

D-4297 Silver $$ Contributor

My wife switched my home-page over to Bing some time ago . It's still a little slanted , but no where near Goggle . I try to avoid anything associated to Goggle like they have the plague .

Trashy, Raythemanroe and Snozzberries like this.
  6. Concha

Concha

Youtube. then BCP or Dan Bongino .

7. Tommie

Tommie Gold $$ Contributor

Duck Duck Go

PhilC, stork, PRR1957 and 1 other person like this.
  8. ebb

ebb

Thanks all of you

9. jds holler

jds holler Gold $$ Contributor

Startpage

jd

10. 338 dude

338 dude Gold $$ Contributor

Epoch times or one America news

Bc'z likes this.
Thread Status: