Forum Behavior Issue -- Watch it Guys

Discussion in 'Main Message Board' started by Forum Boss, Jan 25, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Thomas J. Browne

Thomas J. Browne

2. Thomas J. Browne

Thomas J. Browne

I've gotten them out with bore brushes inserted from the breech just like when cleaning. If it's a normal pressure load, the remains usually pull out following the brush. If that fails, you can use an aluminum cleaning rod to try and engage the mouth of the stuck case at the throat. If you're able to make good contact, a tap with a light hammer may dislodge it. If that should fail, you can soak the chamber in Hoppe's hoping that the brass bond will be broken enough to have the steps mentioned work. It takes Hoppe's about three days to really start working on the brass. Be patient. If that fails, it's time to see a gunsmith, or a good machinist able to turn a fitted broken case remover. If the case let go due to high pressure, you may want to see a gunsmith to insure the chamber still gauges correctly.

3. Lapua40X

Lapua40X California Hunter Education Instructor Silver $$ Contributor

Would it be possible to include a section titled "Political Crap". I don't think the Main Message Board (or anywhere else for that matter) needs to be infected with personal political views. I don't believe we should have to sift through a list of political topics to find threads that discuss subjects relating to shooting.

DennisH likes this.
  4. Lapua40X

Then your second point represents a counter argument to your first point about what we all need to do. If we need to do it, put it in a place where those who "need" it can find it.
    I get enough of this stuff, political parties notwithstanding, all day and all evening long and I don't want to have to deal with it on a forum that's intended to focus on "accurate shootng".

MAGNETISCH likes this.
  5. Tuxedo007

Tuxedo007

Would it be possible to advise where German Salazar's archives are posted, please? Thank you!

6. swd

swd Gold $$ Contributor

German's archives are off line and no longer accessible per his wishes.

7. Lapua40X

Update:
    Thank you forum boss. Now that the garbage is emptied we can get back to the shootin' stuff.

8. GrocMax

GrocMax

Taking a dump on someone's for sale thread is extremely rude in my opinion. There's a lot of it going on.

dragman likes this.
  9. Forum Boss

Forum Boss Administrator

Our Classifieds Rules clearly state that this is NOT tolerated. If you see egregious examples of this, notify the admins and we will take action. A couple guys have been booted from the board for this behavior. I should add that a Forum ban is permanent, forever, with no discussion, no appeal EVER. You're done, gone, toast, history.

Lapua40X likes this.
  10. Gina1

Gina1

Forum Boss

Thanks for killing all the "Trump" threads. I come here to exchange gun info, and this is not the place to argue politics. I am one of the very few left leaning members.
    I know, I know, don't click on it if you don't want to see it But, some times I get curious. So much hate out there, that some times I have to put my 2 cents in.
    I try to be civil, respectful and what I get back is name calling and insults.
    Thanks for taking it down.
    Gina1

300_whisper likes this.
  11. dbduff

dbduff Gold $$ Contributor

Not wanting to sound like a Nazi, but in this day and age I think a policy of zero tolerance for behavior that is derogatory, insulting or threatening needs to be in place. It is always easier to ease up on the reins as opposed to trying to rein in a runaway team. If you've nothing positive to add, cease with the lip! This is a forum about accuracy and reloading. Let's stick to that.
    D

300_whisper likes this.
  12. Shynloco

Shynloco You can lead a horse to water, but ........ Silver $$ Contributor

Actually, I think we all appreciate the swift and decisive action. Enough is enough and personally I'd rather talk about achieving accuracy and improving my score. The rest was settled in the recent election and cheap rhetoric either way won't change a thing and certainly not how accurate our loads shoot.

Alex

13. LHSmith

LHSmith

There is the IGNORE MEMBER function and now the IGNORE THREAD function. Absolutely no reason to whine to the Forum Boss anymore. Start your own threads.

nmkid and 'Freak like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.