Do NOT Attack Other People's Ads!!

Discussion in 'Tools, Dies, Rests, Reloading Components & Misc' started by Forum Boss, Jan 27, 2013.

Trader History (3)
  1. Forum Boss

Forum Boss Administrator

The Classifieds Area is NOT a discussion forum to debate pricing.

REPEAT

The Classifieds Area is NOT a discussion forum.

If you are NOT a potential buyer and do NOT have some specific factual question about the product, then DO NOT post in a classified thread.

This is not the place to discuss the price of tea in China or dump on someone's ad because you think the asking price is too high or there is a better alternate product made/sold/invented by someone else.

If we find people "slamming" other members' ad(s), the person making the improper comment will receive a temporary loss of posting privilege.

If you persist in doing this, despite warnings, you will be banned from the site FOREVER.

2. habu

habu

:)THANK YOU SIR!!

HABU

3. hogpatrol

hogpatrol Gold $$ Contributor

I am one of the many that got slammed and today it's still going on with others. Agree 100% with the Boss. If you don't have something nice to say, don't say it.

4. DennisH

DennisH Life Time NRA member

It rarely or ever accomplishes anything.

5. Forum Boss

Forum Boss Administrator

Five warnings sent out today.

And consider this, if I have to send out multiple warnings to a member relating to this or other rule violations, and he continues to be an "offender", ignoring those warnings, he WILL be banned from the site. The ban shall be permanent, FOREVER, with NO discussion, NO recourse, NO restoration of privileges ever. Got it?

Whatever your opinions on an ad price... we don't tolerate attacks on ads. Period. Don't Do it!

6. Mark Walker in TX

Mark Walker in TX

This is the way it should be, we just don't need this kind of crap around here. Thanks Paul!!

7. Forum Boss

Forum Boss Administrator

We are serious about this. People who persist in trashing other people's listings will end up getting themselves permanently banned from this site.

Two guys got booted from the site this week because they couldn't resist making snide comments despite repeated warnings.

Don't comment on classifieds if you don't have a bonafied question about the product. JUST DON'T DO IT. The classifieds are NOT a discussion area.

8. JamesnTN

JamesnTN Silver $$ Contributor

Paul,

Sometimes being ethical far outweighs the need to take advantage of folks when supplies are short and in need. We all are here as shooters and should be able to give a helping hand to those when in need, not rape someone because you have it and they need it. One day those tables may turn and karma is a bitch. They call it a free trade market it's not it's gouging it's stealing as some may say when certain vendors won't even publish shipping prices and charge astronomical shipping charges and hidden fees. That's stealing. Time is money yes but I just read where one of your sponsors charged 20.00 to ship a Jewell trigger that could had been shipped for 5.00.
    If a private deal goes bad and the buyer calls out the seller posts don't get edited on behalf of the seller to make him look good so why show favoritism to the bad folks whether they are private individuals or paid sponsors, Bad is Bad unethical is the same. If you gonna clean up the forum the do it fairly and remove or refuse unethical posts and sales of private individuals and vendors. Be fair to all is what I ask...

halo68 likes this.
  9. dtucker

dtucker Gold $$ Contributor

I agree, how hard is it to just move on and take a chill pill if needed ;) Maybe we need a 3 count rule and your out to weed out some of this crap and start getting the message clear.

10. yukonal

yukonal Silver $$ Contributor

I agree James. Thanks for posting this. Forum Boss should be monitoring and consulting thru pm's, the gougers as well.

11. sonofagun231

sonofagun231

Is still going on - I say its time to ban people permanently for the first offense!

So does the moderator police this forum or are we individually supposed to report any specific violations for action to be taken?

12. swampthang

swampthang

i TOTALLY AGREE WITH JAMES IF your gonna be the boss then be the boss over some of the crazy prices some people , dont overlook them and get on our tail for calling a spade a spade, your a shooter and know what a FAIR price is. i have had many great dealong here and hope to in the future but fair is fair.

13. DennisH

Shipping should be explained more in detail. It's more than just buying a stamp. All shipping companies charge you for every little service you request.

Examples: Signature request, Insurance, packaging cost, home or business address's affect rates, remote mountainous areas kicks in a surcharge INCLUDING extra fuel charges. If they have to make 2 trips to your address, there is a surcharge for this.

Also, what shipping service was requested? 2 day air, 1 day air, or ????

I really didn't want to post anything, but I felt the above should be mentioned.

Personally, I pay more to ship items because I want it shipped safely, and in one piece. The buyer is definitely a lot happier, and both parties in the long run come out better.

I personally am always searching ways to reduce shipping cost for both parties. But I do want the part to show up NOT damaged and received in a timely manner.

I hope this explains shipping a little better.

One thing I didn't mention, the bigger you are (ship more packages), the better rate you get! I really don't think that is fair, but that's the way it is.

A lot of factors go into shipping whether it's a small package or large package.

Dennis

6MMsteve likes this.
  14. DennisH

I know this is not a discussion area, but considering the post I made above, if you were in a Vendor's shoes, how would you handle it?

I would listen to any suggestions, or feel free to email me.

If the Vendor doesn't charge for the "good" service, the only other option is the Vendor pays for it.

I personally one time "LOST" money over shipping charges after checking the prices first. Then my bill came in with the surcharges resulting in me taking a $3.00 loss per item. All I was trying to do is give the buyer a good price on an item.

I know I asked for suggestions, but I thought about charging "one" price, shipping included, but then people would state the price is too high for the part.

Think about everything I posted, and I will listen to your suggestions. I would love to come up with a mutual policy.

Dennis

FWIW, a "friend" came to me and wanted me to ship a pair of shoes to a store close to Times Square in NY. I check rates several ways and it was always around $50.00. I almost lost a friend over this until they went to a UPS store. She came back to me and asked if I would still send it for her @ the $50.00 charge! "TRUE STORY" I have no clue why it cost so much other than the UPS truck probably sits at traffic lights more than they move in NY.

15. LarryDScott

LarryDScott Site $$ Sponsor

Its a shame the soft ware that was available many yrs ago, that let only
    the original poster enter his ad, it went away. Someone fixed something
    that wasnt broken
    A buyer could contact the seller by posted email, or Ph No. There was no
    communication on the board about the product. This is the way it
    should be, then the current problem wouldnt exist. LDS

16. Forum Boss

Forum Boss Administrator

Larry,
    With the new Forum software, we may have to ability to restrict comments on classifieds. We are looking at those options currently.

17. fredhorace77

fredhorace77

I'm not trying to stir up anything, just point out something....what does it matter if someone is banned....they just turn around and reapply to the forum under a different username and email. Is there actually any way to prevent this?

Last edited: Feb 5, 2016
  18. mac86951

mac86951 I prefer my targets level and unmoving

If you can find one please let the national dont call list know...

fredhorace77 likes this.
  19. j2hoskins

j2hoskins

The problem with this is its goes against what I suspect most of us believe in, and that is a free market. It's like saying the government (Admin in this case) should be involved to make things "fair". While you may not always like what it brings, we do not need to implement regulations on who thinks something is overpriced or not.

It's pretty simple, if you don't like the price, don't buy it. I will say all charges should be known before a commitment to buy. This means if someone thinks shipping is too high, they should not be obligated, just like we aren't at any other site before paying.

I don't like gouging either, but the answer is not more oversite. It is people willingly not buying that product. The market will self adjust.

We need to get over this "it isn't fair" mantra. IF two people willingly agree on a price, I consider that fair. No one is forcing anyone to buy anything.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2016
    iron308 likes this.
  20. laveritt

laveritt Silver $$ Contributor

Thanks you sir +1