Custom . 22 Rimfire Action

Discussion in 'Small Stuff--22s, 20s, and 17s' started by KLENCHBLAIZE, May 16, 2005.

1. KLENCHBLAIZE

KLENCHBLAIZE

Suggestions please for a custom .22,bottom feed) rim fire action that actually looks as good as it shoots.

I'm building a custom thumbhole sporter .22 rim fire bolt REPEATER and want something other than a factory barreled action if at all possible. ,Yes, I release its going to be VERY hard to beat an off-the-shelf Anschutz.)

I've looked at the Hall MFG offering and whilst the spec reads well it has all the charm of a Land-Rover fender!:rolleyes: The Stolle Swindlehurst looks OK but is a top-loading single shot which is no good.

Guess I should have bought one of those fine Dakota,?) actions from Brownell's before they all disappeared some years ago.:cry:

Thanks in advance for your help.

Klenchblaize

2. Forum Boss

Forum Boss Administrator

Klench,

Don't be dismayed. Halls can look very nice. Allan just needs a better photographer. Here's one of his 'B' centerfire actions in high-polish, made originally for Dwight Scott.

[​IMG]

And we've always said "handsome is as handsome does". You can't buy a better rimfire action. The Hall is what we've chosen for a new 17 HM2 rimfire project gun that, hopefully, will be ready by the end of summer.

What you say, rimfire on 6mmBR.com? Well, there will be a few more surprises in the months to come. Precision will still be the watchword but we'll be exploring some new territory both big and small.

3. KLENCHBLAIZE

KLENCHBLAIZE

Hear what you say to a point. I've thought hard about finding a Gunsmith who has the wherewithal to undertake faceting/contouring of the unit as part of the build but remain unclear if this is at all realistic. ,Any suggestions?)

Getting a rimfire barrel of the right contour to blend seamlessly with outside of the massive front section of the action looks tricky too.

Clearly I like the fact that a Jewell trigger unit can be used!

Thanks and good luck with the .17 project. Nothing wrong with "small" stuff as I'm sure Tod Kindler would confirm!

Now, where to source a stainless floorplate assembly, of rimfire,Hall MFG) proportions, for concealing a five-shot magazine beneath? Are you listening Sunny Hills?!:p

Questions, questions!

Klenchblaize

4. kory

kory

Klenchblaize,

This may be too late, but have you taled to Cooper Arms? I have their Model 58 action in 22LR, and I shoot .1 groups all day with match grade ammo.

Good luck,
    Kory