All our scope problems solved!

Discussion in 'Scopes, Optics, LRFs, Spotters, BoreScopes' started by nmkid, Aug 10, 2018.

1. steve_podleski

steve_podleski

What is the purpose of the gyros and accelerators?

Where can I find the details of the reticles?

2. muleystalker

muleystalker Gold $$ Contributor

A buddy of mines, son in law bought the Thermal scope scope awhile back and was unhappy with it and sent it back. He said it was a neat concept but it was real glitchy and when it would act up you couldn't see through it at all even in the day, it worked more like a video camera not an optic.

3. wedgy

wedgy Gold $$ Contributor

I read a ton of reviews from several sites and they were 50/50, either 5 stars or 1 star, about half of them works great and half were returned because they didn't work.

4. #40Fan

#40Fan

There were quite a bit of unhappy folks because of early firmware issues. ATN seems to do that with just about everything. @muleystalker yep, they are a camera in the front, view screen in the back with a bunch of magic in the middle. I was finally able to touch my new Thor 4 yesterday, but haven't even mounted it. I did update the firmware. Ironically, the screen went blank on me after about 2 minutes of turning it on the first time, before the update. I then messed with it for 10 minutes and didn't have any problems. Hopefully this weekend I'll get it put to use.

muleystalker likes this.
  5. #40Fan

#40Fan

Hmm. Damn thing hung up on me again tonight. Holding the power button down was the only way to fix the hang up.

Doing this it reset the time and date. Video I was recording is on the card, but unreadable.

There are two rubber covers on the right side of the scope. One covers the USB/Charging port, the other the SD card slot. The cover for the SD card has a piece that would protrude into the empty SD card slot, but with a SD card in there, the cover doesn't close far enough and will pop open. Try pressing it closed.... ejects the SD card. :( Picture with red arrow.

[​IMG]

When trying to view the videos through the view screen, you can't see what you are looking at. At the bottom you'll see 1/7, but you can't see the thumbnail of the video like you should be able to.

[​IMG]

Then maybe the hardest part of the thermal scope. Sighting the damn thing in. I thought I had it good to go, but I obviously didn't spend enough time on it. It does seem to have decent video recording though. This coyote (second one called in tonight) was maybe 50 yards max. Still trying to figure things out, but with the scope at 1.3x power, it couldn't have been too far. I over shot it by a mile. Didn't help I didn't have shooting sticks or even a bipod. I was trying to shoot off of a back pack. I also didn't notice the second yote on this set until I was trying to shoot the first on the run after seeing I missed so damn high.

Notice the date and time is wrong. Not sure what the 109 yard reading is about. They are sure proud to put their logo in the video though.

Last edited: Oct 23, 2018
    dgeesaman likes this.
  6. Rustytigwire

Rustytigwire Gold $$ Contributor

Welcome to customer service
    Create new screen name.
    That one is already in use
    Please use a password with a symbol 2 numbers 3 caps and a partridge in a pear tree.
    Press oops to accidently exit and start over.

dgeesaman likes this.