2018 Elite 2000 Results:

Discussion in 'Practical Precision--PRS, NRL, ELR' started by dmoran, Aug 19, 2018.

1. seb

seb Site $$ Sponsor

It was an eye opener.
    Thank you Donovan, Alex, and Tom for your hard work and dedication!!!
    If I could help anything in the future please feel free to let me know.
    seb

tom, 6MMsteve, Northridge and 2 others like this.
  2. 6MMsteve

6MMsteve Gold $$ Contributor

could someone post some specs on how much scope elevation they had to use and things of that nature, I thought the turnout would be more but in my case it's funds. But it looked to be super fun 2000yds is quite far.

dmoran likes this.
  3. Alex Wheeler

Alex Wheeler Gold $$ Contributor

I had 75 moa in my 300 WSM

300.jpg

6MMsteve, seb and dmoran like this.
  4. LA50SHOOTER

LA50SHOOTER Silver $$ Contributor

I was running 53-54 MOA on the two .338 Lapua Improved rifles that I shot. The elevation at the Broadwater is a few (300-400 feet) hundred feet above Townsend, Mt. which is listed as 3855 ft. ASL.
    - My initial calculations called for 56 MOA (Using a Berger App). - And my MV was running at 2965 fps on the Bi-Pod gun and I'm estimating 3050 - 3100 fps on the bench rifle. - Bullet on both was a 300 gr. Berger OTM Hybrid.

5. LCJM

LCJM

Thank you BRC for the construction of the new range, to all the support staff, and to the match winners. A special thank you to Tom for allowing the addition of late arrivals. I offered the use of my rifle to neighbors and a female junior team member last minute. The rifle is a factory production Savage chambered in 338 LM with a Lilja barrel along with SMKs loaded to feed through the DBM. My neighbor managed to squeeze in a sub 20” on his one target, better than what I have been able to shoot during practice.

Before the tournament, my neighbor asked what it is like shooting 2k. No different than shooting 200 yards so the old story goes. Just range, dial, and shoot. Both require sights to be adjusted off a 100 yard zero. Just read the caution printed in big bold red letters on the side of the box. “WARNING: Results will significantly vary with use of this product.” Consider the ballistics of this rifle against prudent sized targets under three different shooting disciplines. Only wind will be applied in the example not including the other sources of inaccuracies or dispersion that may compound on each other. An inaccurate full value wind of 1.5 MPH applied on a 500 yard F-Class target would cause the shot to land 1” left or right of center X. The inaccuracy is still inside the X ring and probably would not even bring a thought of concern to the shooter. An inaccurate full value wind of 1.5 MPH applied on a 1000 yard Long Range target would cause the shot to land 6” from center X. This would still be a solid 10 on the target and may or may not bring an indicator of concern to the shooter. An inaccurate wind value of 1.5 MPH applied on the MR-1 E2K target would cause the shot to land 33” left or right of center X. The shot would still land on the target but outside the last ring scoring a 0. This should cause concern and a level of awareness to the shooter. Although 2000 yards is 4 times greater than 500 yards in distance, an inaccurate full value wind call of 1.5 MPH is 33 times greater in distance in comparison to target centers. WARNING: Results will significantly vary? I would say so. Now include the other sources of dispersion and inaccuracies combined with wind. If there is anything I have gotten good with in regards to reading the wind, that is the realization I am not good with reading the wind and my results in some tournaments indicate this.

This match has applications with hunting season right around the corner. If I shoot at a game animal with a low chance of hitting vitals, successful or not, I am no longer hunting in confidence but rather shooting with ignorance. Ignorance is another word for an intentional act that is lacking in knowledge, information, or awareness. If left unchecked and untreated, ignorance becomes a cancer that will eventually kill the remainder of a healthy body. As this match displayed, hang paper targets or measure painted steel at the range and under various conditions likely to be encountered during a hunt. A succession of measured results will confirm or deny the presence of knowledge and awareness and provides the information that will either guide me toward confidence during a hunt or confirm an undesirable result initiated under ignorance. I must not let ignorance keep me paralyzed toward projecting results in the field. Stand up…..take up your mat……and walk.

Don

6. dwall

dwall

Bravo. That should be required reading before buying a hunting licence.
    Darwin.

dmoran and tom like this.
  7. 22BRGUY

22BRGUY

Thanks Donovan for GREAT REPORT! and Thanks ALL who participated! Fun to read and look at what the BIG guys and Gals do and Fun to dream about doing it someday.

dmoran likes this.
  8. calib

calib

Any new on a future event?

dmoran likes this.
  9. dmoran

dmoran Silver $$ Contributor

@calib -
    Tentatively planning on 2 events for 2019.
    Still working on the dates and specifics.
    All should be announced by December or so, if not sooner.

10. ttfreestyle

ttfreestyle Gold $$ Contributor

Dang another loooong drive coming up;)

Hoodoo and dmoran like this.
  11. calib

calib

You guys have a f.b page or you just gonna run it off of the forum?
    Would be easy to set a page up and get guys involved as well as be able to share the event.

dmoran likes this.
  12. dmoran

@calib
    Were in the process of building a website. Again by December or so, if not sooner.
    Thanks for the interest !.!.!

Last edited: Sep 4, 2018
    calib likes this.
  13. LA50SHOOTER

LA50SHOOTER Silver $$ Contributor

Some of us Do Not use Facebook - I flat out refuse to put ANY of my personal information on that type of "social media" site.
    A dedicated web-site IMO is a better process or even just here on the forum.

slugger3, Joe Salt, 284winner and 5 others like this.
  14. dougridgeore

dougridgeore

Ready for next year

Attached Files:

Evlshnngns and dmoran like this.
  15. dmoran

Nice.... What caliber?

Here's the 2019 ELRC ELITE-2000 Yard events/dates:

CabinFeverAd4.2.png

vConcept_1.3.85%.png

Last edited: Nov 15, 2018
    Hoodoo likes this.
  16. ttfreestyle

Does anyone know if there is a deep creek 1000 match on the weekends before or after these dates like last year? Thanks Troy

17. Alex Wheeler

Alex Wheeler Gold $$ Contributor

Id bet there will be a match deep creek the weekend after the cabin fever match but the schedule is not made yet

18. ttfreestyle

Thanks, I would like to shoot them both for the long drive if possible! Unfortunately we start picking vacation today for next year.

Hoodoo likes this.
  19. dmoran

@ttfreestyle -
    Both the weekend before and after the Cabin Fever, are DCR 1000 matches.
    The weekend before the 2019 USA 2000-Yard Nationals is a DCR 1000 match.

Sure hope you guys make it up again !.!.!

Last edited: Nov 16, 2018
  20. ttfreestyle

Alright I’ll secure the first two weekends of April and hope for the best! Troy

dmoran likes this.