2018 Elite 2000 Results:

Discussion in 'ELR, Ballistics & Bullets Board' started by dmoran, Aug 19, 2018.

1. dmoran

dmoran Gold $$ Contributor

Elite Long Range Competition
    Elite 2000 Yard Inaugural Match Results

Unlimited Totals3c.png

Unlimited Agg Results4.png

Last edited: Sep 22, 2018
    22BRGUY, tom, 6MMsteve and 4 others like this.
  2. dmoran

ELR Totals3b.png

ELR Agg Results4.png

Last edited: Aug 23, 2018
    22BRGUY, 6MMsteve, Torge and 2 others like this.
  3. dmoran

Hunter Totals3b.png

Hunter Agg Results4.png

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Equipment List.png

Last edited: Aug 23, 2018
    tom, 6MMsteve, seb and 5 others like this.
  4. dmoran

Event Stats.png

As the results and stats (above) show, and all of us present seen first hand; is the shooters were able to hit the target/board (96" x 96") with high percentage rates, making the distance very achievable.
    The shooters were able to make first round attempts at the clay bird clusters on the berm during practice days and sight-in periods very well and with reasonably good clarity of the impacts.
    Personally was very impressed how well the shooters were able to hit there specific berm objective areas with 1st-round accuracy, fallowed by there abilities to get on and stay on target at that great of distance.

What also became very obvious to all in attendance, that the stats and results prove; that it was difficult to score well and/or stay centered up. The constant changing conditions and elements that were occurring in a matter of seconds at that distance/2000 yards, was very demanding, challenging, and some what difficult.
    With only two record string X-Ring (6") and seven 10-Ring (12") shot placements made over the course of the 2-day match, shows how hard and challenging it was for the shooters to stay "centered up".

From my own perspective, the way myself seen it play out is, "bullet drop, spin drift, and dope needed" were relatively easy for the shooters to estimate and control. With "wind drift, mirage, and there effects" being the greatest obstacles to over come and read. Almost every group had at least 3/4-MOA of vertical dispersion, with the best groups averaging between .7 to 1.5-MOA of vertical dispersion, which really showed how acceptable the loads and/or bullets were to condition effects of 2000 yards in distance. Sort to speak, and from my own experience: what conditionally happens at 1000 yards can easily be quadrupled at 2000 yards.

A note to the Hunter Class results/stats: one shooter (Mike) who struggled some, ended up finding a scope base to be loose, but not until after all 3 of his record targets had been shot. His individual target stats no doubt effected the over-all Hunter Class stats some what adversely, but is in "nature of what can happen" at competitions.
    (betting Mike won't have that happen again...lol)

There were shooters from 5 states and 2 countries that participated. Most everyone was there for Friday's practice day. There was a small gallery of spectators, range marshals, and scorer(me) present all days, who did not shoot.

Much appreciation needs to go to Broadwater Rod & Gun Club for not only holding the event at there beautiful and unique range, but for committing to the building of the 2000-yard line, in a way that sight-in shots/impacts could easily be spotted. They plan on improving the berm even more yet, as well as other improvements to there range, for the future hosting of ELRC - Elite 2000 Yard events. My hat off to BRGC and Thank You !.!.!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Seb sighting in on practice day with Heather's "338 Blue Gun" :

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tom and Lonnie getting it on (Target 3, Day 2).
    Elite 2000 Yard Match held at the Broadwater Rod & Gun Club at Townsend, MT

2000 Line2.jpg

Last edited: Sep 22, 2018
  5. Alex Wheeler

Alex Wheeler Gold $$ Contributor

6. Alex Wheeler

Alex Wheeler Gold $$ Contributor

7. dougridgeore

dougridgeore

Congratulations: Heather. Good shoot ??

Last edited: Sep 3, 2018
    Quigley.ie, tom, seb and 2 others like this.
  8. DT

DT

Donovan thanks for posting results. Looking forward to equipment list & rundown on match.

SPJ, tom, simo hayha and 1 other person like this.
  9. jvw2008

jvw2008 Lose the Second and we lose them all.

Thanks for the pictures Alex. Looks like it was a fun time for all.

10. damoncali

damoncali Gold $$ Contributor

Some of those scores are pretty darn impressive. I've seen F class shooters do worse at 600.

tom likes this.
  11. bkluke

bkluke

Awesome, thanks Donovan

tom and dmoran like this.
  12. dmoran

Unlimited Class Small Group.png

M001.jpg

M002.JPG

M003.jpg

M004.jpg

Last edited: Aug 20, 2018
    tom, 6MMsteve, seb and 4 others like this.
  13. sdean

sdean Silver $$ Contributor

Is there any place down south where you can practice at 2000 yds? It is a 30 hour drive for me to Montana. I would love to come up that way but no way untested and ill prepared.

14. LA50SHOOTER

LA50SHOOTER Gold $$ Contributor

Thank You Tom and ALL the folks who attended. What an Experience and a Challenge !!

Heather, That Group and Score on ELR TARGET 3 is amazing and sets the bar Very High indeed.

- Ron -

tom, seb and Hoodoo like this.
  15. ttfreestyle

ttfreestyle Gold $$ Contributor

O come now, we drove 30 plus hours I’ll prepared to shoot it and it was still fun!!

tom likes this.
  16. LA50SHOOTER

LA50SHOOTER Gold $$ Contributor

Once I get settled down I’m possibly looking at starting a new thread to see what kind of interest there is for a future match(s) and where some possibile locations to hold it would be.
    There were some folks who posted and didn’t show up and that is somewhat understood as to why, but there was way too much “Gray Noise” during the planning and communications phases by posters who Did Not Show up.

I’d like to see more of these E2K matches and also some additional locations proposed, and I realize that someone needs to take the lead and do leg work like what Tom and a few others did to be able to even make it happen.

I’m going to look into locations for starters and see where the interest to attend may be.

These events don’t just happen, they take a lot of planning and effort to have them occur.

- Ron -

calib, tom, 6MMsteve and 2 others like this.
  17. wi50

wi50 Silver $$ Contributor

Where were all the internet shooters and their 6.5 who can hit milk jugs and clay pigeons at a mile? I've shot some ELR matches and haven't found them at any events either. Great to see the match come together, congrats to those who put in all the work to make it happen.

tom likes this.
  18. ricco1949

ricco1949 Gold $$ Contributor

Sorry I didn't make it. Had planned to shoot the Nationals and this event.

All preparation halted when I tore my hamstring tendon away from the pelvis on July 28. Had re-attachment and repair surgery last week..... six week recovery.

Congrats to winners and all who attended and planners who led the charge to make this happen.

Rick

dmoran likes this.
  19. Mod Adahy

Mod Adahy

What a great event!!!! It was a blast and we could not have asked for too much better weather in Montana in August. Tom and Alex definitely put their hearts into this and it show with how well the results were. Good job all and especially Tom and Alex for the hard work. Hope to see it grow and look forward to next year. Brad

tom, 6MMsteve, Evlshnngns and 3 others like this.
  20. ttfreestyle

ttfreestyle Gold $$ Contributor

Thanks for the range hospitality as well , it was great times with good folks! Troy and Elaine

tom, LA50SHOOTER and dmoran like this.