Why Not Savage?

Discussion in '6BR, 6BR Improved & Wildcats' started by Horseshoe108, Aug 25, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. johara1

johara1

You don't agree with world records??? Those are aggs. not single target records. I'm done with you, you can't fix stupid..... jim

2. SavageMark

SavageMark

Lol ! Still waiting to see that 30 round group !

3. Dgd6mm

Dgd6mm Silver $$ Contributor

Mark you should really get to know some of the background of the folks around here. Jim knows more about shooting and reloading than you and I put together and then some. If he is still shooting as much as he used to he shoots more small groups in a week then you probably do in a year. JMO.

Don Dunlap

Ccrider and dragman like this.
  4. SavageMark

SavageMark

I understand what you’re saying , but I don’t deal with arrogance very well . And I see there is a lot of arrogance with the elite shooters ! I never asked for his opinion . But that’s how it is with people who think they know everything !

Last edited: Aug 27, 2019
  5. ttfreestyle

ttfreestyle Gold $$ Contributor

Was that 30 round group shot all at once?

6. dragman

dragman Gold $$ Contributor

You don't deal with arrogance very well? I don't think Jim was being arrogant pointing out that you aren't shooting free recoil (you are using your version or whatever)
    And anyone with the background and track record of Jim can be arrogant if they want they have earned the right. Your talking a pretty big game for someone who in your words who is a novice shooter just starting.

You like your savage great! be happy pay attention and learn and when you have some years under your belt maybe you will still like them maybe not. No one learns everything no matter how good you are when you start. it takes time and the understanding that there are lots of people that know a lot more.

7. SavageMark

SavageMark

I’ve learned in life not to give my opinion until asked . Pity more people haven’t learned that !

8. pirate ammo

pirate ammo Guaranteed to take the wind out of their sails Gold $$ Contributor

Ok children it's time to pick up your toys and go home.

DHuffman likes this.
  9. SavageMark

SavageMark

Lmao ! Have a great day !

Dgd6mm likes this.
  10. ttfreestyle

I loved my savages when I started, learned a lot shooting them I believe. Then I got my first custom, why I waited so long is my only regret! Savages still have their place as do my customs. Comparing the two is like apples and oranges.

Raythemanroe, foxguy and dragman like this.
  11. pirate ammo

pirate ammo Guaranteed to take the wind out of their sails Gold $$ Contributor

I love them all, load, pull trigger, BANG. I really love my Fal it can go BANG really fast, but that doesn't mean I'll hit anything.

Raythemanroe and hpshooter like this.
  12. SavageMark

SavageMark

Do u mind me asking what made u go the custom route ?

13. davidjoe

davidjoe Skunkworks Gold $$ Contributor

With one of these in .338 LM just winning the cold bore at ELR nationals, I looked to see if the price had changed since I bought one in a laminated stock a couple years back. Seems to have actually gotten cheaper, now under $900. Cart Add. Checkout.

If it shoots like the first one, I don’t even know why you’d ever need to change the stock, - of course, he did win the cold bore with the swap. But even as delivered, it groups close in like a custom 6 mm, not a factory big bore.

upload_2019-8-27_15-39-42.png

simo hayha likes this.
  14. newbieshooter

newbieshooter :-) Silver $$ Contributor

just a note: IBS 1000 aggregate records are accumulation of 6 and 10 targets - each of the 6 / 10 targets have to be shot on different days (and conditions).

I appreciate how difficult it is to shoot consistently small thru an entire season in different conditions at 1000 yards. Under 3" for 6 targets (30 shots) and under 4" for 10 targets (50 shots). It's hard enough (for me) to shoot a single 3" LG target at 1000 during a match - so to do it consistently all season long (Jim, David & Tom ...etc.).....

http://bulletin.accurateshooter.com...hooting-1000-yard-multi-match-records-broken/

Last edited: Aug 27, 2019
  15. SavageMark

SavageMark

Thank you !

16. ttfreestyle

I wanted to try and compete at a higher level (benchrest) so I went full custom with a good Smith chambering my barrels. The consistency and accuracy I have now just couldn’t be matched by my savage and pre fit barrels.

Dgd6mm and Raythemanroe like this.
  17. SavageMark

SavageMark

Sure was !

18. SavageMark

SavageMark

I would love to see what a true custom can do compared to mine just to be able to justify the expense . Do u have any 300 yard groups of more than 10 shots ?

19. SavageMark

SavageMark

4C219B68-449C-4AB0-9F9D-C361D291D646.jpeg
    I googled record 300 yard F class and
    this came up . Not sure if it still stands or not . But my group is very similar in size . I think ??

20. SPJ

SPJ Gold $$ Contributor

Just to put things into perspective. I zero my scope at 300 yards and initial seating test at 300 yards
    What people like Jim O’Hara have been able to accomplish at long range is mind boggling.
    These top shooters and record holders have earned their spot in the record books.
    Much Respect to all the Champions that grace these threads and take the time to share with others.
    J

dragman, Mark W, Dgd6mm and 2 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.