Why does Quickload keep on freezing

Discussion in 'Reloading Forum (All Calibers)' started by calgarycanada, Jan 26, 2016.

1. calgarycanada

calgarycanada

I bought my copy of Quickload early last year. I installed it on my 7 year old laptop first. Every time I tried opening bullet(manufacturers) library/folder, powder library or even the files I saved it would freeze. Pretty much anything in top menu freezes. I deleted some bullets that I'm never gonna use which seemed to help some. I tried contacting Neco but there was no answer. Mostly I blamed it on my old slow laptop.
    Now I purchased new laptop, installed it on new laptop. Same thing keeps happening.
    I could change cartridge, keep using Berger bullets in all calibers and keep changing powders from drop down menus. It did calculations on main screen no problem. Problem started when I tried to open any folder.
    Today when I tried to load my saved file it froze again. Windows froze as well so I had to restart the windows. Now it's saying "Error reading Licence String" and won't even turn on
    I'm computer illiterate so if you have a suggestion to change something please keep it in English.
    Also if you have a better contact info for Neco, the one they reply to or contact for the Quickload customer service, please share with me.
    I will appreciate any help
    Thanks
    Av

2. savagedasher

savagedasher

Call Ed at neco . Larry

3. jlow

jlow

I’ve used it for about 3 years in a number of machines with WinXP, WinVista, and Win7 with no problem. I am guessing your problem may have something to do with either a program that has been corrupted off the disc or your copy protection software is blocking since you are having problem on multiple computer.

In terms of the latter, if you have an anti-virus type software, it may be blocking the program from accessing the net which I think is part of its copy protection strategy i.e. preventing a person from giving it to another person to use. I would check that software and see if it is the culpit. FWIW, I use Norton’s and it does not do this.

4. calgarycanada

calgarycanada

Thanks for the tips guys.

5. Twoboxer

Twoboxer Silver $$ Contributor

Please let us know if/how you resolve it :)

6. calgarycanada

calgarycanada

I will

7. Ned Ludd

Ned Ludd Gold $$ Contributor

It's freezing because you live in Canada ;).

Seriously, it sounds like it may be an issue of copyright protection/verification as suggested. If you had virus protection running when you loaded QL, it may also have caused a problem. There are a number of issues related to licensing and/or virus protection that it could be. Neco will likely be the best place to start.

8. Nvreloader

Nvreloader

CC

I have had the same problems several times when changing to different computers,

I found that if I completely deleted any and ALL the QL programs, shut down ANY virus program,
    then reloaded QL, run a couple of test, then restarted my virus programs,
    the problems went away.

For some reasons, the virus protection programs think QL is starting a virus,
    and can/will cause problems/headaches with QL at least on my end.

If that don't work, then give ED a land line after the Shot show is finished.

Tia,
    Don

9. terraMODA

terraMODA

Worked fine for me on xp and win7. Could not install on win10. Version 3.8. You may need 3.9 if on win10