Which Arbor Press for 416 Barrett

Discussion in 'Reloading Forum (All Calibers)' started by Mooster1223, Jan 1, 2020.

1. Mooster1223

Mooster1223

My custom 416 Barrett dies from Neil Jones are shipping tomorrow. The set has an inline seater and I've never used one. I need an Arbor Press and this is out of my wheel house.

I see models from K&M and 21st Century. Both available with seating force gauges. I need to know if anyone knows if the 416 will fit in either/both presses and is a force gauge something I should concern myself with.

Thanks in advance.

2. rsmithsr50

rsmithsr50

wait till they show up, and set uo to seat a round, and see how tall your seating die is at that point.
    I am guessing most will be too short.
    I have to add an main shaft spacer to one of mine...just for a long 300 winmag

3. D Coots

D Coots Silver $$ Contributor

I just sold this one. IMG_20191204_154913596.jpg

stork likes this.
  4. stork

stork Silver $$ Contributor

Still have & use my BSquare I picked up 30+ yrs ago. What a Tank. My only issue was size, I wound up picking up a Sinclair for my range box. It would break down into a smaller package.
    Al

D Coots likes this.
  5. AJC

AJC

Before I got my current K&M I just used to use an old one for pushing broaches it was huge. It's definitely not something you would put in your range box put at worked just fine for 308. No force pack option for that solution, my dad was more functional over form.

6. uda123cat

uda123cat

Sir,
    Give Neil a call and ask him how tall his seater is, then call Roger at K&M. They are both great guys to talk to and very helpful. Roger has redesigned his Arbor Presses and now has much taller columns so that you can customize your heights and accommodate up to a 50 BMG I believe. You can also give John a call at 21st century, but I don't think they can vary the height of the press like the K&M. I also have a 416 Barrett and am waiting on Warner Custom Dies for both sizing and bullet seating. I have discussed this issue with Roger at K&M in the past and he can definitely help you out.
    Good Luck
    Dan

7. Petros284

Petros284

Hey guys

21st Century Gen II arbor presses (including Hydro presses) have an adjustable head for height on a 10.5 inch post easily accommodating the large caliber cartridges. We have a standard gen 2 press or our hydros. The hydro can be made with a 200 lb gauge for the big cases like the 416. If you order hydro just ask for 200 lb gauge in the checkout comments. Thanks!

WillyTP likes this.
  8. Twicepop

Twicepop Silver $$ Contributor

I use a B-Square, it's height adjustable and is stout enough for full length sizing. Mine's not portable though, it's bolted to my bench top along with press and luber-sizer.

9. Prose

Prose Silver $$ Contributor

Maybe get a three ton hydraulic press from northern tool

AJC likes this.
  10. 6MMsteve

6MMsteve Gold $$ Contributor

I have a 1/2 ton weighs about 20 lbs works great Ebay 50 bucks shipped free