Walmart ammo

Discussion in 'Main Message Board' started by mike a, Sep 3, 2019.

1. mike a

mike a 6BR Rocks Gold $$ Contributor

Just hear Walmart will quit selling pistol ammo and short barreled rifle ammo.

2. DHuffman

DHuffman Gold $$ Contributor

3. nicholst55

nicholst55 Brass Whore

Too bad Wal Mart has become a Dick's. Same policy on my part - cold day in Hades before my shadow will darken their doorstep. The 2d Amendment has absolutely nothing to do with hunting, and they are inferring that those who own and shoot handguns and 'short barrel rifles' are not "responsible hunters and sportsmen."

Mike7.62 likes this.
  4. Knotwild

Knotwild Silver $$ Contributor

I am just going to stop spending money at Walmart if I can get it somewhere else; even if it costs more. They are certainly free to sell what they want, but I consider it an action against law abiding citizens more than anything else. They can't even keep their shelves stocked properly where I live and they don't consistently carry products I use regularly.

It's easy. If responsible citizens speak with their money, the impact will be felt.

5. Mark W

Mark W Gold $$ Contributor

I can’t really stop going to Walmart since I already pay more rather than to walk into that zoo!!!

Ramblerman, McGraw and 6ShotsOr5? like this.
  6. McGraw

McGraw Silver $$ Contributor

Man that’s going to go over like a lead balloon out here in Rural America. I quess they will go after internet sales next, and then they’ll put some kind of extreme tax on the few “I got all your life info stores”.

Last edited: Sep 3, 2019
    300_whisper and Rube Shooter like this.
  7. shoot4fun

shoot4fun Gold $$ Contributor

Not only are the announcing the end of ammo sales but asking that all customers keep their carry guns out of the store. Can these businesses keep us 100% safe at all times, in and outside their place of business? Nope!
    If you see me anywhere I will have my CCW, my knife and my Surefire light on my person. Oh, and a plan for how to employe them if need arise.

Mark W, hogpatrol and Nick Caprinolo like this.
  8. ngb1787

ngb1787 Silver $$ Contributor

I do not believe that applies to ccw holders, krogers now is asking for same, no open carry,

9. TheOtherZilla

TheOtherZilla

Already have internet sales at Walmart.

10. Rube Shooter

Rube Shooter Gold $$ Contributor

This is a stupid knee jerk reaction on their part and they will regret it in the long run. They are one of only 2 grocery stores in one of the towns closest to where I hunt, and I would bet I won't be the only hunter who will not be frequenting their business.

McGraw likes this.
  11. TheOtherZilla

TheOtherZilla

The article I read stated they were asking people not to open carry where it is legal. So guess who will open carry if I go there?

group therapy and 300_whisper like this.
  12. Rube Shooter

Rube Shooter Gold $$ Contributor

They reported on the evening news tonight that both Walmart and Krogers are asking for no open carry in their stores. I am waiting to see if they put up signs stating such as Texas law requires. I don't see much open carry as it is so this will be interesting.

13. Rsadams

Rsadams

Just heard this today... They are asking ccw holders to not open carry.... You can still conceal carry.... If it's concealed who to know..?

Last edited: Sep 3, 2019
    NorCalMikie and snakepit like this.
  14. Rsadams

Rsadams

Texas just removed it's penalty for carry past a 30:06-30:07 sign ( 06 for concealed 07 for open ) if you simply leave if asked to... Honestly we started buying as much as we can elsewhere than Walmart if possible... Problem is in small towns that's all there is anymore... All this knee jerk reaction will stop when it starts getting into their pockets... Problem is their pockets are very deep... They have put every other shop out of business over the years....

15. riflewoman

riflewoman Gold $$ Contributor

I don’t buy ammo (or much of anything) at Walmart. Can’t stand the place.

16. Medic505

Medic505 Dean Wheeler Gold $$ Contributor

I have no problem with no open carry. I'm a Texan and it's legal to open carry in my state. The majority of people I do see open carry, look like they have no business owning a pistol to start with.

rr2030, Nature Boy, JSH and 3 others like this.
  17. Tommie

Tommie Gold $$ Contributor

Like I needed another reason to avoid that place...

Zero333, DHuffman and Mark W like this.
  18. Dusty Stevens

Dusty Stevens COVFEFE- Thread Derail Crew Gold $$ Contributor

Id venture to say 95% of hunters will never hear about it- like the ones still sporting yeti cups, flying delta, etc.

19. hogpatrol

hogpatrol Don't criticize the farmer with your mouth full. Gold $$ Contributor

Does that include rimfire ammo? It can be used in pistols.

20. Dusty Stevens

Dusty Stevens COVFEFE- Thread Derail Crew Gold $$ Contributor

Itll be all ammo soon once they have a meeting and realize that