Triggertech triggers

Discussion in 'Gear Talk: What to Buy? and Gear Evaluations' started by brad6ppc, Oct 23, 2017.

1. brad6ppc

brad6ppc

Has anybody tried or are using the Triggertech triggers in a Remington 700??

2. Clucknmoan

Clucknmoan Silver $$ Contributor

Using one in an Axiom. 1.7 lbs, no creep and crisp. About 200 rounds with it, so far I really like it.

3. fourpower

fourpower

yes they are great. they go into gun real good and have no overtravel. break like glass. I will be buying more of them.

4. Zero333

Zero333 Gold $$ Contributor

I've shot one and they're very nice indeed.
    If you like single stage triggers, then the Triggertech are worth every penny, and then some.

I prefer 2 stage and my favorite R700 trigger is the Timney Calivn Elite 2 stage.

5. fourpower

fourpower

yes. they are great triggers. break like glass. I will be selling my old triggers and buying trigger tech.

6. jbmarshtx

jbmarshtx Silver $$ Contributor

I don't have a trigger weight gauge. Which direction of the allen screw increases the pull weight? I bought a used rifle with one, and I'd like the trigger to be a bit heavier for hunting.

7. Alex Wheeler

Alex Wheeler Gold $$ Contributor

Very good triggers. But none go light enough for me, so I still use jewels for hunting. I was excited for the BixN Andy tac sport, its very good, just not light enough for me. I like 8 oz or less.

nmkid and jim_k like this.
  8. Zero333

Zero333 Gold $$ Contributor

Not sure about the Triggertech's but I suspect clockwise will increase the weight.

9. Pav67

Pav67

TriggerTech has a new diamond trigger.Will go down to 4 ounces depending on action.Ordered one for a new build excited to try it.

10. hillbill

hillbill Silver $$ Contributor

I have used several Specials in builds and really like them for a dual use trigger. while not a true bench trigger they go light enough for what I do and back up to hunting weight (2 lbs for me) with clicks that are repeatable. It is my favorite trigger, Jewell is too unreliable in hunting conditions for me but others love them. my Jewell is on the shelf these days.

11. IdahoCTD

IdahoCTD Silver $$ Contributor

I have 2 specials in rifles and despite them saying they will go to 1lb they both only go to 1lb 4oz. If I could count on 1lb or slightly less I would order more but I'll stick with Jewell for now.

12. steve123

steve123

It's the TT Diamond Pro that goes down to 4oz. I got mine last week, man it is "my" perfect trigger. I have it set at 6oz and it will go lower, for most of my shooting I need some "feel" so I left it a bit higher.

For benchrest, 1-2 oz, it might not cut it, but for everything else it is the best out there for a single stage. The others aren't even close.

13. 10at6

10at6

Same here. It's a great trigger but will not work at the advertised weight of 10oz. The TacSport pro is supposed to go to 5 oz or so. The B&A comp triggers are very nice though. Thinking a TT Diamond would be nice but I like a 2 stage. And for the money a Timney tactical is a darn good triiger

14. MikeMcCasland

MikeMcCasland Silver $$ Contributor

I ordered a TT special and although it's a really good quality trigger, it just doesn't get light enough; I might be able to make it lighter, but I think you'd run the risk of the adjustment screw falling out. I don't have a trigger pull gauge, but I'd be surprised if it got down to 1lb.

I'll probably sell it and go Jewell, or put the Basix trigger back in.

15. LarryDScott

LarryDScott Site $$ Sponsor

If you can get exactly what you want for less money
    spent, it is a wise investment, but if you only get almost
    there, its money wasted.
    JEWELL covers all weight ranges w/o compromise. LDS

Puzzaz01, jim_k, muleman69 and 4 others like this.
  16. nmkid

nmkid Gold $$ Contributor

Looks like a nice trigger. However, I have a question. I notice the specs. say no bolt release. In all my years of shooting and loading I've never had to address the, "no bolt release" question. So...If the trigger has no bolt release , how do you remove the bolt? I feel silly asking but, if you don't know, you don't know.

17. _Raining

_Raining

Most custom actions have a side bolt release.

SDDasher likes this.
  18. hogpatrol

hogpatrol Gold $$ Contributor

Take a look at some Remington clone custom actions. They have bolt releases built in to the body of the receiver. On a Remington factory action, the sliding lever on the trigger that normally pushes on the internal bolt release isn't required/has no function.

[​IMG]

19. LarryDScott

LarryDScott Site $$ Sponsor

For a factory 700 when the trigger has no bolt release, slide a thin knife blade or similar object along the left side of the bolt to depress the bolt stop. This will let you remove the bolt. LDS

nmkid likes this.
  20. nmkid

nmkid Gold $$ Contributor

That's what I was after! Thanks! So, it's really no big deal if the trigger has no bolt release.