Trigger Choice, Jewell vs Timney.

Discussion in 'Gun Project Questions & Gunsmithing' started by onelastshot, Sep 1, 2017.

1. onelastshot

onelastshot Gold $$ Contributor

I changed out a few triggers in the past few years, every time I've elected to go with a Timney trigger. The reason or rationale was simple, I'd watched a couple of videos on YouTube changing out Timney triggers and quickly came to the conclusion it was something I could handle. Also, I read a couple dozen customer satisfaction reports and, at the end of the day, Timney triggers kept on getting five star reviews. After completing the first trigger swap and being completely happy with the functionality of the Timney trigger, I decided to stay with something that I felt worked well rather than experiment with a different brand. With the last one I installed I had to remove some wood to get a proper fit, nothing major just 15-20 minutes of tinkering with a Dremel and a small chisel.

I've got another rifle I've decided needs a new trigger as well. This time I've decided to explore other options before I purchase a trigger. I've never shot a Jewell trigger and have no idea how they function, I do know that they also get exceptional reviews. So, my question is this, those who have experience with both triggers, which one do you prefer and why. The rifle is a bench rest so I'll be looking for a very light release.

2. L.Sherm

L.Sherm

Jewel or bix n Andy for BR if you want something else down to a pound try Trigger Tech it will be my next hunting varment trigger.

3. Gabe22BR

Gabe22BR Gold $$ Contributor

lots of vids on Jewels also..
    I ordered one Bix & Andy..=..Now I have all Bix & Andy

swd likes this.
  4. Lone Hunter

Lone Hunter

I have a Jewell on my match rifle and really like it. It is crisp and you can adjust the pull easily. I have a Timney on a couple of hunting rifles and like them also. Never had a Bix & Andy so I can't comment but have heard great things about them.If shooting B.R. I would look at the Jewell HVBR. Quiet a bit of adjustment there and if you don't like it they always resale good. Good Luck on your choice.

5. JBT

JBT Gold $$ Contributor

Bix & Andy

6. dogdude

dogdude Egan O'Brien Gold $$ Contributor

Jewell's are Nice, no doubt, have six... Bix and Andy's are Great no doubt, have three.
    If your going to get the BIX try Roger Gower on this site. ''dedeadeye''

Last edited: Sep 3, 2017
    Gabe22BR likes this.