The Precision Riflesmith - Mike Bryant Documentary

Discussion in 'Competition Forum (All Calibers)' started by Riflman, Jul 24, 2019.

1. Riflman

Riflman

This isn't a compeition post, but it's a film about a competitor, so wanted to share this film I did about Mike Bryant, called The Precision Riflesmith.

If you use Google chrome, you can watch it in 4k. It's had 10,000 views so far on Facebook.

I'm an actor/writer/director from Canada and now live in LA. I'm also a gunnut and a hunter. That doesn't win me any popularity contests here in Hollywood, but I decided to use what I know about film, television, and branding (from my previous career in advertising), to make artistic films that shine a positive light on guns and hunting. Special interest groups are making content to normalize their causes. We need to do the same.

I'd love to do more films about people who hunt and shoot, and the traditions and heritage they hope to preserve and pass on. I'd also like to tell the stories of the people who make the gear we use, who have turned their passion into a business and shaped the industry. There are many legends I would like to cover, before they are lost.

2. daleboy

daleboy Silver $$ Contributor

That is excellent ,thanks for sharing. Quality video makes it enjoyable to watch. Mike sure did pick up Smithing fast,good to see a success story. Have subscribed and look forward to following your work .Will be checking out the Mongolia video as soon as I can . I like anything to do with rugged country.

Riflman likes this.
  3. Riflman

Riflman

Thanks Dale. Yeah the Mongolia film was a challenge to put together. Guides didn't want to be on camera, lots of shots missed, cameraman got super sick for a few days, but we managed to pull a decent story out of it I think. That's hunting films. You don't get a second take. I don't have a lot of interest in doing whack em and stack shows that are heavy on pimping products. I produce a bowhunting show like that in 2017 but unless the pay was too hard to turn down, I likely won't do another. I want to make art films in the hunting/shooting genre...that will appeal to a wider audience.

Raythemanroe and daleboy like this.
  4. Hondo64d

Hondo64d

Mike is a great guy and a great ‘Smith. Have had a couple of his rifles and he does fantastic work.

Great video.

John

5. Keith Glasscock

Keith Glasscock True believer - Straight 284 Gold $$ Contributor

Mike is a class act. I have a rifle he chambered for me. It is one of my most prized possessions.

WyleWD, butchlambert and Riflman like this.
  6. Riflman

Riflman

He just finished working on two rifles for me that were originally built by another smith in Canada. One he rebarreled and fixed the feeding that never worked, and the other he rechambered and installed an adjustable cheek piece. Both rifles are shooting sub .5 moa with factory ammo. One shoots in the .3's with hot handloads. The other I haven't tested yet. Both are fast twist 243 Winchesters. One is an ultralight coyote rifle and the other is a heavy barrel long range rig. And did I mention he's a super nice guy with a beautiful family? It was a real pleasure to work with him at his farm in Texas while we were filming.

Scalloper and daleboy like this.
  7. Dusty Stevens

Dusty Stevens COVFEFE- Thread Derail Crew Gold $$ Contributor

Proud to be mikes friend for 20+ years

Riflman likes this.
  8. D Coots

D Coots Silver $$ Contributor

Mike is a gentleman, friend, and was a team mate in New Zealand. Nice video.

Riflman likes this.
  9. STOMP442

STOMP442 Gold $$ Contributor

Nice video. Looking forward to more.

Riflman likes this.
  10. Pawnee Bill

Pawnee Bill

Can you upload it YouTube for those of us who don't do Facebook?

teele1 and Riflman like this.
  11. Riflman

Riflman

Hi Bill.

The video above is actually on youtube. You can click the title and it will take you there, or you should able to play it in the thread. Here is the youtube link if you want to use that instead:

Toby Bradshaw likes this.
  12. Riflman

Riflman

If any one of you have a story you think I should cover, please message me privately.

13. Pawnee Bill

Pawnee Bill

Great vid. Mike is a super guy!

Riflman likes this.
  14. PatMiles

PatMiles Gold $$ Contributor

Nicely done sir!

Scalloper and Riflman like this.
  15. Shooter13

Shooter13 Gold $$ Contributor

I've watched it 3 times and still enjoy watching it!

Riflman likes this.
  16. butchlambert

butchlambert Site $$ Sponsor

Mike is an old friend and has helped me a lot through the years. Mike's ranch has as nice as you will see in white tail deer.

Riflman likes this.
  17. Riflman

Riflman

Trying to break 10,000 views on the facebook version. It's at 9900. Almost there! Do me a favor and share it with your friends if you don't mind.

The Precision Riflesmith on Facebook.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 27, 2019
  18. ebb

ebb

Great story about a great guy!!! thanks Mr Riflman

Riflman likes this.
  19. Medic505

Medic505 Dean Wheeler Gold $$ Contributor

Mike is the real deal. I'm proud to say I know him. A Gig'em for you Mike!

Riflman likes this.
  20. mudduck

mudduck

Great video!!

Riflman likes this.