Thank you, Paul

Discussion in 'Main Message Board' started by jamesdmock, Sep 12, 2017.

1. jamesdmock

jamesdmock Gold $$ Contributor

Paul, thank you for the contest in which you encouraged members to share tips with fellow shooters. I began shooting competition with a .22LR in 1992. In 1997, I moved to centerfire shooting and was a beneficiary of many tips from accomplished shooters. Among those who helped me early on are icons of the sport. I could not believe that they were willing to help a struggling country boy from LA. One example that shows this unselfish attitude was the help of two Hall of Fame shooters who took time to help me at my first big match (the Crawfish in Lafayette, LA 1997). One was Dr. Maretzo, and the other was Ed Watson.
    Now, it is time for the experienced shooters to share tips with the new shooters and Paul has provided an excellent venue for that purpose.
    I see that that I won the "Applied Ballistics" book from Bryan Litz and I am grateful. I am a big fan of his and I am sure there are many tips in the book which will help both new and veteran shooters. Good shooting...James

2. Keith Glasscock

Keith Glasscock True believer - Straight 284 Gold $$ Contributor

I'll second that.

Paul,
    I am in awe of your energy and passion for the collective enjoyment of the shooting sports. This is the only venue where a simpleton like me can learn to make a rifle shoot like that...

I am grateful for not only the prize (thanks Paul!), but for this collection of great minds that are willing to help one another.