Target paper for rainy days

Discussion in 'Main Message Board' started by dgeesaman, Feb 11, 2018.

1. Texas10

Texas10 Gold $$ Contributor

I print mine on card stock aka 110 lb bond. Doesn't turn so soggy you can't remove it and save. When it rains here in Texas, it comes down in buckets. Never lost a target to wind and rain.

daleboy likes this.
  2. daleboy

daleboy Silver $$ Contributor

They do get wavy unless you do a few very light coats,that is part of the reason I glue them to cardboard. You are right,they do stink for a while.I will have to checkout the Rite in the Rain paper,sounds like a great option.

3. Intheshop

Intheshop Silver $$ Contributor

Endurance silk cover paper #111.

D.I.L. works at a printing joint.Gave me several big boxes of the stuff.12x18 I think?We just got 2+ inches of rain over the last couple days.....DIDN'T phase it,and a cpl have been up for several months.Bullet hole definition "may" not be up to world record stds but,they're dang close.Have no idea what it costs.

You can't tear it,I cut it with razor knives.Of the pcs that we've shot,plumb to heck....first shot with firearms,then cut them up into 3x3 pcs and shoot them until they "disappear" with bows...then,lay around in heavy Sun light,they still don't decompose.Either throw them in the trash or in the furnace.

dgeesaman likes this.
  4. fredo

fredo

Butcher paper is pre-waxed & cheap enough to try...

dgeesaman and davecb like this.
  5. daleboy

daleboy Silver $$ Contributor

I have used parchment paper in the past,the sheets bakers use in their sheet pans.It works fine,but you have to double it up or you can see the holes in the backer .I am picky,I am sure some folks would not care about that but I don't like distractions when firing at a new target.

6. davecb

davecb

I use butcher paper and a Berol RapiDesign drafting template with different size squares on it. Works great and I can use whatever size square I want depending on the distance and scope magnification.

Dave

dgeesaman and mikeinct like this.
  7. edw

edw Silver $$ Contributor

Exactly what I do

8. Chief 101

Chief 101

I use political signage for backing up the 110# paper I print targets on...if its going to rain I spray paper with polyurethane...simple and no jail time...you guys do get off track with minutia...:cool::eek::rolleyes:
    :cool:

daleboy likes this.
  9. Prose

Prose

dgeesaman and kris bassett like this.
  10. kris bassett

kris bassett

11. Meangreen

Meangreen

dgeesaman likes this.
  12. dgeesaman

dgeesaman Gold $$ Contributor

Update:
    I received my Rite in the Rain paper and it works fairly well. It's regular weight paper and the holes punch like that, but it won't absorb water and it laser prints well.

I also bought some 110lb cardstock but my laser printer wouldn't print properly on it. I might try taking it into the printer at work.