Single target records

Discussion in 'Competition Forum (All Calibers)' started by gn1000, Feb 7, 2020.

1. gn1000

gn1000

Just wondering in long range (1000 yards) how do you do single record targets like HG & LG group and score during the year. If you shoot a record target in May and it is verified and someone else breaks the same record during the same year who gets the points? IBS, NBRSA etc. Anyone affiliated with 1000 yard Benchrest

kneedtospeed likes this.
  2. johara1

johara1

Gn 1000, I did that in the IBS...... I got a record but no points, the last record for the year gets the points..... jim

3. Stan Taylor

Stan Taylor Gold $$ Contributor

After reading what I could find in the long-range rulebook in the IBS a single Target record if it's broken on the same day by two different people they both get the entire credit for certificate and points.
    P.S. don't quote me on this just relaying what I read.

gn1000 and Joe Salt like this.
  4. Joe Salt

Joe Salt Silver $$ Contributor

The PA. 1000 yard club if you're talking Hall of Fame points? Doesn't matter who breaks what you get the points! But for the year Agg. the guy with the smallest groups and scores gets the most points. But you usually get some point if you finish up in the top twenty.

Joe Salt

gn1000 and Stan Taylor like this.
  5. Stan Taylor

Stan Taylor Gold $$ Contributor

Pg. 41 in the IBS long range rule book.
    Record Precedence
    Records are recognized chronologically, by date only, regardless of match attended or relay participated in.
    If multiple competitors break a record on a given day, regardless of the match they attended or the relay on which they shot, each one is given full credit for breaking the record ( including, but not limited to ,IBS record certificate and Precision rifleman points), and the best score shot on that day is recognized as the record going forward.
    This rule shall not be retroactive .

kneedtospeed, gn1000 and RGRobinett like this.
  6. gn1000

gn1000

That's how I thought it was, shoot a record LG group you get certificate & points then someone breaks that same record later in the season they will also get a certificate and the points. So what I take from this so far is that PA 1000 and IBS both have been doing single target records this way. If I am wrong in my findings please let me know, Gary

kneedtospeed likes this.
  7. Joe Salt

If your talking just single target record it can be broken by as many people in one day that can do it, and yes you get credit every-time you do so. At or World open if you Broke it twice in the two days you get a $1000 dollars to go with the points.

Joe Salt

8. gn1000

gn1000

Yes Joe that is what I was talking about and thanks to all that has cleared this up for me. I was pretty sure that was how it was but glad you confirmed it for me. Gary

Stan Taylor and kneedtospeed like this.
  9. Dusty Stevens

Dusty Stevens COVFEFE- Thread Derail Crew Gold $$ Contributor

Its not a record until certified anyway

mikegaiz, gn1000 and Stan Taylor like this.
  10. gn1000

gn1000

That is correct as I stated in the 1st post!

dmoran and Dusty Stevens like this.
  11. Joe Salt

Dusty are record targets are certified by our board members if that's what your saying. gn1000 I get the feeling your thinking if someone else breaks your record that you won't get the points for that year, but that is not the case, Anymore than if you yourself break the record again. you just get more points.

Joe Salt

12. gn1000

gn1000

Yes Joe that is what I thought, so thanks again for clearing that up for me. Gary

13. Dusty Stevens

Dusty Stevens COVFEFE- Thread Derail Crew Gold $$ Contributor

Surely they cant take points away from you if a shooter breaks your record even before its certified- that would be sad

retiredpm, gn1000 and Stan Taylor like this.
  14. gn1000

gn1000

That's for aggs Jim not single target records

kneedtospeed and Stan Taylor like this.
  15. johara1

johara1

My mistake then, I thought the same applied to both, explain to me why it would be different..... jim