Side by Side Double Rifles

Discussion in 'Varminter & Hunting Forum' started by ChrisNam, Sep 14, 2006.

1. ChrisNam

ChrisNam

I'm a game farmer in Namibia,north of South Africa)and always wanted a side by side double rifle, but can simply not afford the expensive Brittish or European versions. Do anyone know of a manufacturer of doubles under say $ 3500 or actions on which to build a double or second hand rifles. Any advice will be appreciated.

2. Cheechako

Cheechako

Chris

Look here.

http://forums.accuratereloading.com/eve/forums/a/frm/f/760101804

Ray

3. bcott

bcott

Several years ago....1985 to 1990 I purchased new a couple of Valmet double rifles. Both were in 30/06. They were over/under configuration. I know that they made a 9.3x74R. The rimmed models were ejector models. The rimless ones,30/06) were extractor models. You were able to get them to crossfire at whatever range you wanted. A between barrel wedge was movable fore and aft to accomplish this feat. I paid about 900 or so new for each of mine. I also had several of the shotgun versions. ALL barrels were interchangeable between all models; rifles to shotguns and back and forth. From a distance they looked like a Krieghoff, with the sliding top.

Accuracy suffered after the first few shots, as the impacts started moving when the barrels warmed up. The first four shots were always under 2" @ 100 yards though. Winchester 180gr silvertip factory ammo. Yes, there were scope rings for them also. Carl L.

4. 1wrightson

1wrightson

Baikal of Russia are doing over/under double rifles and in 9.3x74R among others, which might catch your fancy. York Guns in England has them on its website for about GBP500. Does that fit your bill?

5. NeilNE

NeilNE

I heard that someone makes doubles from Ruger Red label. That as much as I can tell you.