SEB Neo Carrying Handle/Strap...

Discussion in 'Gear Talk: What to Buy? and Gear Evaluations' started by Dryfly24, Jan 29, 2020.

1. Dryfly24

Dryfly24 Silver $$ Contributor

What do you guys think of that?

Seems to me it may not be a good idea to concentrate all that weight on the end of those posts? Then again, I’m not a designer or an engineer so what do I know. It’d be interesting to hear what Seb thinks.

I PM’ed him. Hopefully he’ll weigh in.

Maybe he’s given it his blessing? Maybe he doesn’t know it exists...

Hammer0419 and SET like this.
  2. PatMiles

PatMiles Gold $$ Contributor

Given that the posts are 25mm (.984") OD stainless steel, I don't think there is any need to be concerned. You could probably pick up a small car using both posts.

Bob L. and Dryfly24 like this.
  3. blisle78

blisle78 Silver $$ Contributor

I love my carry handle from John

4. Dryfly24

So he said he doesn’t make them anymore since there wasn’t much interest. There’s already a carry handle on the rest so it’s kind of a solution to a nonexistent problem. It’s always nice to see people thinking and coming up with new things at least though. . .

5. PatMiles

PatMiles Gold $$ Contributor

6. Dryfly24

7. Hammer0419

Hammer0419 Silver $$ Contributor

I like that setup.

8. rardoin

rardoin Silver $$ Contributor

Pulling the rest out of the dirt on the firing line at the end of a match would be easier on my back if the handle was on top of the post like the pictured handle. I could have benefited from one this past week at the Berger's or at Raton last fall.

MislMan and Hammer0419 like this.
  9. Hammer0419

Hammer0419 Silver $$ Contributor

I have no experience. But definitely see it as an easier way to pick it up. I like it

10. Dryfly24

I own one. To me it is just another unnecessary thing to keep track of and fiddle with, because really, how often and how far do you carry the thing? I may carry mine from my truck to the bench but that’s about it.

When shooting a match where bench changes are required, it needs to be done quickly, I’m pulling it off the bench and into the cart then off I go. It literally takes seconds. I’m not going to take the time to dig out the extra handle, attach it, take it to where I’m going next, then detach it and put it somewhere till I decide to move again.

I jut think it’s a solution to a nonexistent problem. But as always, YMMV...