Savage stock/action question

Discussion in 'Main Message Board' started by bbassi, Sep 4, 2018.

1. bbassi

bbassi

Will a top bolt release action fit a bottom release detachable magazine stock assuming they are both center feed? I'm a lefty with all the left over parts for a bottom release gun but came across a top release action w accutrigger. Thanks.

2. #40Fan

#40Fan

I don't think I have seen anyone go that way with it. Usually it is the bottom release action in a top release stock.

When putting a bottom release action in a top release stock, the trigger sits up higher. You might run into the issue of the trigger sitting too low in the bottom release stock, hitting the trigger guard.

3. BLCKWLF

BLCKWLF

Generally, No. Two different inlets. But they can be made to function if you really have to... They are rather close, the trigger guard and bolt release on the side of the action being the biggest differences. You would have to modify the stock to fit the side bolt release, and use the "new trigger guard" as opposed to the old one.

I personally don't think that work is worth it for a factory AccuStock.

Attached Files:

4. bbassi

bbassi

thank you.

5. milanuk

milanuk Gold $$ Contributor

Some of the newer chassis systems do have a certain amount of flexibility as far as fitting different actions. Specifically, MDT chassis' have a reversible front spacer to accommodate either the 4.2 or 4.4 hole spacing, and have both a notch for the 'dog ear' cocking indicator / sear for a traditional top bolt release as well as a slot down below for access to a bottom bolt release. Check 'em out.