Ruger new .22..?

Discussion in 'Rimfire & Smallbore' started by Rsadams, Sep 18, 2019.

1. Rsadams

Rsadams

Anyone here got a Ruger Wrangler yet..? Ruger has taken aim at getting some of the heritage rough rider money...
    This thing looks like a fun little 6 shooter for $200... The review I read doesn't turn me off so far... Would like some real world reviews though....

2. garandman

garandman Bolt Gun Bodacious Gold $$ Contributor

I keep asking my various dealers.

They keep telling me they are all "allocated"... Which far as I can tell means they just aren't making it to the local dealer yet.

But it seems like a great little plinker at a great price

Rsadams likes this.
  3. Rsadams

Rsadams

Believe it or not my local academy had all three different colors.... $199.99 I asked to see one , they definitely feel better than the heritage.... I am just waiting for my normal gift cards at Xmas and maybe even a sale and I am going to pick one up.... The nice wood or any security six grips will fit it if you don't like the plastic ones.... Felt pretty decent for the price... Another guy was waiting and bought one while I was there , said he had been to a couple of places already.... I think these are going to sell.....

garandman likes this.
  4. ta6ppc

ta6ppc

When I saw these on tv and in the nra magazine I told my wife I wanted two of them in the burnt bronze color, you know so I could play cowboy...

Well she found two of them and brought them home to me about 2 weeks ago, we went out to our families farm and hammered on them shooting an entire brick of Remington golden bullets which are about the worst bulk packs one could get.. not a single miss fire and we’re pretty much point of aim. All in all I am thrilled with them especially for the money you can have 3 of them for the price of one single six or ten.

highly recommend it most fun I’ve had in a good while with a new gun!

Rsadams likes this.
  5. Rsadams

Rsadams

Normally I get gift academy gift cards for Xmas.... I am just waiting to get them and I will pick one of these little pistols up for sure.... Your experience seems to be on par with everything I have read on these pistols... Ruger may have nailed it here and who doesn't like a gun like this .? They are just plain fun and cheap to shoot.....

6. garandman

garandman Bolt Gun Bodacious Gold $$ Contributor

I want to get one of these....but I think I want a full-on F-class 22rf benchrest gun more. So many good guns... so dangerous robbing banks and Brinks trucks ...

Rsadams likes this.
  7. Rsadams

Rsadams

The good news is these little revolvers are $199.99 , so you know they will go on sale for $179 in the future especially at Academy if you shop there... Right now the demand is high , people are hunting for these things so I doubt they will go on sale for a little while....

garandman likes this.
  8. Tommie

Tommie Gold $$ Contributor

Dear Santa...