Reloading classes

Discussion in 'Reloading Forum (All Calibers)' started by fuzzybatman, Mar 18, 2020.

1. fuzzybatman

fuzzybatman

I was reading on this site about a reloading class somewhere in the Carolinas I believe that taught how to load ammo for precision shooting for most guns. Searched and cannot find
    Thread. It was a 2 day class and you had to bring your own stuff. Any help would be appreciated
    Thanks

338 dude likes this.
  2. rkittine

rkittine Gold $$ Contributor

Benchrest Scool at Williamsport PA 1000 Yard Club

dogdude, X-47B and 338 dude like this.
  3. Rope2horns

Rope2horns Norm Harrold Gold $$ Contributor

Erik Cortina is having a reloading class, but its in Texas.

Reloading and wind reading class.
    May 30-31, 2020
    5th weekend of the month, so there should not be any matches going on.

Class cost is $500 each.
    Lunch for both days is included.

Joe R and DirtySteve like this.
  4. Sniper338

Sniper338

Thatd be interesting. I had talked with him a while back about doing that. Id really like to sit listen and learn from someone that knows more firsthand.

5. CharlieNC

CharlieNC Silver $$ Contributor

In NC, Frontline Defense offers a one day basic course. At a nice range too!

6. rkittine

For Short Range reloading, Bob White's (The Shooter's Corner) Benchrest Seminar and Clinic in April - Cherry Ridge Rifle and Pistol Club, New Jersye

7. WyleWD

WyleWD Silver $$ Contributor

Not knowing where you live in Ohio, I suggest that You might want to look on the website for the Chippewa shooting range. I think (?) Jack Neary put(s) on a very good one there once in a while. Also, Jack has quite a few You Tube videos on the subject of shooting in general that are quite informative and might be of some help. Others may have more information. Also, I think there was one prior to the Super Shoot last year at Kelblys. Hope that helps. WD

Marklincoln likes this.
  8. rkittine

There are some very experienced precision shooters that offer Private Reloading instruction. At least one of them is a member on this Forum.

Bob

9. rsmithsr50

rsmithsr50

if you can run your computer, and read you can reload.
    if you do not trust machines to do as designed, maybe not got you.
    step one: buy two reloading manuals, and read, then reread the actual instructions. does it sound like something you want to try ?
    ( most of the suggestions by others are for dedicated competition type shooting, not the best place to start).
    if still interested, post on here again and see if someone will let you watch them reload( not all reloaders are good, some are dangerous)
    watch a bunch of vids on the net/tube etc.
    come back and do a search on getting started...tell us what you want to reload for.
    asking questions is a good thing, do not read/watch one person and assume they are PERFECT.

jfoot likes this.
  10. Iowa Fox

Iowa Fox Silver $$ Contributor

Look for matches close by to you to attend as a spectator. Shooters are a friendly open bunch of folks. Cosey up to the match winners and they will share with you anything you want to know. Reloading aside I learned more in 3 days than 50 years prior by talking to the guys. Talk to the winners, they won't charge you a dime.

New Gun likes this.
  11. KIRK COLYER

KIRK COLYER

thanks to all ,just trying to find the 2 day class in the carolinas someone talked about a short time go,sounded like specific reloading procedures that
    really caught my attention. ive been reloading for years,just sounded like a neat class
    thanks again

dmoran likes this.
  12. 1bamashooter

1bamashooter Gold $$ Contributor

YouTube is a good place to start

338 dude and fuzzybatman like this.
  13. fuzzybatman

fuzzybatman

Thank you