Rat shooting- what do you use

Discussion in 'Varminter & Hunting Forum' started by TimS, Jan 24, 2020.

1. sscoyote

sscoyote

Mostly retiring next year and we'll be living in the PI for several months/yr. I'm going to offer my rat shooting "control measures" to the local agricultural office there in Bicol Region for free--see if they take me up on it or kick me out of the country--HA!! Probably gonna get Boy Tolentino there in Naga City to build me something.

17VLD likes this.
  2. Laurie

Laurie

Airguns would be the most commonly used type of rifle in the UK, but as some have said, ferrets and 'ratting' terriers are probably the most effective. Most farmers and those in urban businesses simply put poison down, although I know that can't always be done.

3. Iowa Fox

Iowa Fox Silver $$ Contributor

Steve I'm envious.

17VLD and sscoyote like this.
  4. hillbillydruggist

hillbillydruggist

I really like this thread, I live 100 yds from acres upon acres of 6 ft pine trees, we have resident hawks and owls that take their daily pick, but the rats never get by our house but they are all over the pine trees.
    and I don't mean to hijack thread, but any daytime baiting tips?

5. sscoyote

sscoyote

Come on out Jon...anytime.

17VLD likes this.
  6. 17VLD

17VLD

Back when I was a kid and worked at the tractor dealership the Charlie Browns next door burned down and all the rats discovered our garden much to our chagrin.I would wait till after work and towards dusk I would shoot them with my Sheridan Blue Streak in 5mm,was enough gun and a lot of fun.
    Matt