Range Wind Flag Recommendation.

Discussion in 'Main Message Board' started by Terry, Dec 22, 2019.

1. Terry

Terry Gold $$ Contributor

Let me be very clear.

I'm looking to hear from people who have actual experience with the purchase and use of the Red/Yellow wind flags of the NRA style.

I'm looking for a vendor who produces a very durable flag. We have bought them from a major vendor and a private party, neither met our long term needs.

Thanks!

Terry

2. GSS

GSS

Look no Further,
    These are awsome and made by a small family business in Oregon
    http://www.bagsbybandy.com/

I ordered and received two all Red ( one for Pits and one for 600 yard line ) and three Yellow and Red.

Amazing Quality, very fair price and great service.

George
    https://nfga.org/leveridge-range/

3. Terry

Thanks

4. Gina1

Gina1

I work at the local public range as an RSO. Our range is open/range is hot flag came from bagsbybandy more than 3 years ago. It fly's 365 days a year, in every kind of weather.
    After 3 years it is still going strong. No rips, no fraying, no tears. It was sewn to last. You can't go wrong with this flag company.
    Gina

Dgd6mm, GSS and Terry like this.
  5. Terry

Thanks!

That is what I was looking for.

Terry

6. DRNewcomb

DRNewcomb

They are not good for wind flags but if you want a very durable red range-in-use flag, I've seen them made of hypalon coated kevlar. They last almost forever.

7. Gina1

Gina1

DRNewcomb read your relpy. Not to start an augment, but when someone says something is no good, I wonder have you any experience with the wind flags produced bagsbybandy ?
    I find the their wind flags to be top of the line.

Gina

8. Bindi2

Bindi2

I have no bone to chew. The NRAA rules I shoot under give a weight of material to be used for the red yellow flags. The Bagsbybandy flags appear well made but look to be way heavier than stipulated weight meaning they would not be good wind flags. There is a difference between wind flags on poles and wind vanes/indicators set out by shooters.

9. DRNewcomb

DRNewcomb

My comment was about my experience with hypalon coated kevlar range flags. They were made from the same material used in RHIB sponsons, which is quite heavy and doesn't fly in a light breeze. However, they are extremely durable.