Project rifle

Discussion in 'Gun Project Questions & Gunsmithing' started by Mathewsz7, Jul 12, 2019.

1. boltfluter

boltfluter Gold $$ Contributor

The model 70 would be a good platform for a switch barrel setup if you are so inclined. Just a thought, and welcome to the forum.:D:D

Paul

Ggmac and Nick Caprinolo like this.
  2. Nick Caprinolo

Nick Caprinolo Gold $$ Contributor

That's is going to be my next build based on a Remington 700. One stock, one action and one scope. All the barrels you want and maybe a second bolt.

3. Nick Caprinolo

Well if you are comfortable taking that shot, and sure it is not beyond your capabilities, then good luck and God speed.

Sounds to me like you already have one great rifle. I would just buy another used rifle and have a competent gunsmith rework it. Then you still own a rifle you have had and enjoyed over a lifetime and if you need a backup you have that extra assurance.

4. joshb

joshb Gold $$ Contributor

Nick! We need to talk! While that sounds good.......the reality is different. I tried to do that with a 6br/308 combo, years ago. By the time I got the 6br loads perfected and the scope zero’d, I didn’t want to change anything!:p

Nick Caprinolo likes this.
  5. Dusty Stevens

Dusty Stevens COVFEFE- Thread Derail Crew Gold $$ Contributor

Itll be one of those nice switch barrel rifles with new unfired extra barrels for sale

Nick Caprinolo and joshb like this.
  6. Nick Caprinolo

Can't argue with two such experienced shooters and builders.