PREDATOR calls from phone app?

Discussion in 'Varminter & Hunting Forum' started by hillbillydruggist, Nov 21, 2018.

1. hillbillydruggist

hillbillydruggist

does anyone have any experience with these? thanks

2. jds holler

jds holler Gold $$ Contributor

I've listened to some of them just to get ideas for sounds to imitate with my mouth calls. jd

3. dfrosch

dfrosch Silver $$ Contributor

I bought a Convergent Solutions Bullet HP caller second hand. It's basically a Bluetooth remote speaker with a visual attractant. Have a couple phone aps to work with it: Predator Pro(free ap) and Wild Hog Pro(premium).

Used it for a while after getting my quota of does in January. I'm kinda new to predator calling, but saw a few coyotes and pigs and shot a bobcat while using it.

The aps have a couple dozen calls each. They let you set 4 presets for quick use or can scroll through them. The caller came with a picatinny phone bracket, so you can mount it on your AR. And, the aps allow you to video from the phone.

hillbillydruggist likes this.
  4. cdiver

cdiver

I had a app for bird identification by sound. Tried it one time with a Red Shouldered hawk (that I could not see) and we had a long conversation

5. timeout

timeout Silver $$ Contributor

I don't have any experience with them however the guys I know that are truly good at the calling game all use Foxpro units. This may be a buy once, cry once deal.

6. savagedasher

savagedasher

Cell phone is all I use

7. Mark W

Mark W Gold $$ Contributor

How much calling do you do and what are your success rates?

8. savagedasher

savagedasher

Success rate was good could call them a half mile or more with just the phone

370bc and hillbillydruggist like this.
  9. Dusty Stevens

Dusty Stevens COVFEFE- Thread Derail Crew Gold $$ Contributor

after hearing how a phone speaker sounds compared to a FoxPro I cant see how even a fully retarded coyote with any sense would come to a phone- but stranger things have happened

10. 370bc

370bc Silver $$ Contributor

I recorded a sound off of my electronic call onto my iPhone and called one in. I was astonished As it happened, I placed the phone too close to me, and I got busted.

11. timeout

timeout Silver $$ Contributor

I would have to agree. Not all Foxpro models are created equal either. Situations where you need extra volume some don't have it and will distort the sounds. You get what you pay for.

12. mike a

mike a Gold $$ Contributor

Special Needs! Retard is not PC.

boltfluter, Dusty Stevens and Mark W like this.
  13. K9TXS

K9TXS

I tried a phone app and finally deleted it. Even with the volume turned all the way up it was too weak to do any good.