Offset scope rings

Discussion in 'Scopes, Optics, LRFs, Spotters, BoreScopes' started by Rockchuck, Dec 15, 2019.

1. Rockchuck

Rockchuck Gold $$ Contributor

Does anyone one use them on low profile benchrest stock guns. How do you like them.

2. gunsandgunsmithing

gunsandgunsmithing The best tuners and wind flags on the market Gold $$ Contributor

I've been using them and really like them. They help keep your head off of the gun. I see no down side to them. Some people confuse .500 straight offset with angular offset...They are not the same. It will never be more than it starts out being, to infinity, as long as they are both offset the same. Everything just moves over a half inch...forever.

3. rayporter

rayporter Silver $$ Contributor

same for me. having neck issues i could not get down over a low rider stock.
    high offset rings allowed me to shoot comfortably, more beside the stock than over it.

gunsandgunsmithing likes this.
  4. Rockchuck

What brand of offsets rings do you guys use? I thinking about some harrells?

5. gunsandgunsmithing

gunsandgunsmithing The best tuners and wind flags on the market Gold $$ Contributor

I use the Harrell's

Rockchuck likes this.
  6. TIMO

TIMO Working on it???

Mike,
    Just a question. How point of impact change/or windage adjustment do you have from 100 yards to 200 yards.

Thanks,

Tim

7. Rockchuck

Yea I have a kelblys klp stock just can't seem to get to where I what to be. I think if I get some offset I will be ok. Trying to shot free recoil.

8. gunsandgunsmithing

None Tim. That gets to my point I tried to make earlier.
    Imagine a Lazer beam from bore to target and imagine having the scope .500 higher, lower or side to side. It doesn't matter. It will stay .500 and never change to infinity. Don't over think it. They work great at all yardages.

I shouldn't have said none but rather, the further out, the less difference it will make and wind will be of way more importance.

Last edited: Dec 15, 2019
    PatMiles and TIMO like this.
  9. TIMO

TIMO Working on it???

Mike,
    Thank you, I was over thinking it little.

Tim

10. gunsandgunsmithing

And I mispoke trying to explain myself. Bottom line is, it's a half inch different at the muzzle and the further you get from the muzzle, the less moa to make them intersect. I like them.

TIMO likes this.
  11. rayporter

rayporter Silver $$ Contributor

Morr rings are what i use. they have a .5 off set but i feel they are taller which is a slight help

12. txdan

txdan Silver $$ Contributor

Harrells. I can shoot “head up” or a slight touch on the stock. Much more comfortable.

gunsandgunsmithing and TIMO like this.
  13. Rockchuck

Installed my harrells offset rings. There great gets me off the stock somewhat I think going to work for me. Thanks for all the info guys

Ed