NRA 2020 SB rules update

Discussion in 'Competition Forum (All Calibers)' started by kzin, Feb 7, 2020.

1. kzin

kzin

2. kzin

kzin

And f-class is no longer provisional
    and fc national records will now be recognized for the metric targets and cof we've been shooting plus mini-palma

3. Chasin Beaver

Chasin Beaver

I read and reread. Read rule book. Still can’t understand mini Palma. It seems to have two different sets of targets listed on update page for mini Palma? I only see mini Palma listed with fclass, but ain’t Palma sling? What type of classification would you get - prone of fclass? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

4. corsair4360

corsair4360

Rule books are written for lawyers.... since some of us are lawyers and in a dispute we often turn to lawyers. Lawyers text are meant for them to understand and for the rest of us to pay them to help us somewhat understand the text. No I am not a lawyer, but worked with them for many years (one in particular).

5. rmist

rmist

From what I understand... There will be classes for both conventional smallbore sling and smallbore F Class (F-SBR). The F class target is out already, and yes it's half the size of conventional target. Classification would again from what I understsnd would be Palma F-SBR. It's all shot at 100 yards, 15 shots for record per target simulating 800, 900, 1000 yards. With 45 shots being a one match.

6. kzin

kzin

I think 7.8 , 17.4 and 19.5 in the update document are simply wrong, maybe cut and paste errors.
    They are obviously in the sling sections but list the f-class target numbers
    a37,a38 and a39 should be a34,a35,a36

the f-class definitions are down in section 23

the table in 7.8 also specifically says 'met' sights- so sling+scope will not be recognized? only actual palma?

the f-class table in 23.7.9 also has the 'met' sights indicator which has to be another error

7. kzin

kzin

the mini-palma matches I've seen advertised on the internet always have a sling category

I think some are 'palma'(sling and irons) only plus f-class

In ours we've had an Any Rifle class(sling and scope) from the start and its been much more popular than the palma class. The Smallbore shooters complain that their apertures are the wrong size for the MP blacks.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2020
  8. kzin

kzin

The way I read it one will get either a prone(sling) or f-class classification with Mini-Palma scores counting exactly the same as existing metric targets. That isn't great because they're not equally difficult targets. The sling MP targets are easier than the metric prone and the f-class versions are tougher.

Maybe they will give separate Mini-Palma classifications. I hope so although I don't see any explicit indication of that.

9. Kings X

Kings X Gold $$ Contributor

Sure wish I had my AtuoCad back. Could print out some with white face and black wide rings pretty easy. Put all three sizes plus sighted on card stock.

10. 1813benny

1813benny

Unfortunately, having 15 record shots per target does not flange up with regular sling match operation (i.e. conventional prone). This makes it more challenging to promote the mini palma in parallel with a standard conventional prone course of fire. Unfortunate.

In addition, 45 shots for a complete match is - IMHO - not very appealing for a full course of fire. Again, to each their own.....
    Best Regards,
    ken

11. Jetjock1

Jetjock1

Here is what the smallblre rules update says. Mini-palma for sling shooter A-37, A38 & A-39 targets. F-sbr F-37, F38 and F39 targets. Classification for sling would be metric, F-sbr would be F-sbr
    Jetjock

kzin likes this.
  12. Jetjock1

Jetjock1

The update was not corrected. Check the updated rulebook. It is correct. F37, F38 & F39 are indicated with any sights.
    Jetjock

kzin likes this.
  13. Jetjock1

Jetjock1

Ken, a match can be two or three mini-palmas for an aggregate. That would be 90 or 135 shots for record.
    Jetjock

14. Chasin Beaver

Chasin Beaver

I think I may be more confused after reading all threads. After reading more, this is what I come to believe, though I still wish details were more clear. Thanks to others for clarification on targets.

15. 1813benny

1813benny

I believe you missed one of my points regarding the number of shots. If trying to promote concurrent with conventional prone, having one group shooting a 15 shot card at a 15 min time limit and another group firing 20 shot cards at 20 min makes concurrent match operation more of a challenge.

Just an observation.

rmist likes this.