Nosler custom competition 6.5 140 grain bullet review

Discussion in 'Ballistics & Bullets Board' started by Morgan Johnson, Mar 20, 2017.

1. Morgan Johnson

Morgan Johnson

Has anyone on here use the Nosler custom competition 6.5 140 grain bullet? I will be shooting this out of 260 Remington. I was curious if anyone may know the true BC for this bullet? And if anyone has any experience with it. I know it is not as efficient as the new eld-x or bergers. The free beginner in the occasional local PRS match. I bought 1000 of them and figured I can use them as a starting point to learn how this all works. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

2. Riesel

Riesel Site $$ Contributor

I've used this bullet in both a 6.5-.284 and a 6.5 Creedmoor. Bullet work well in both rifles but was pretty picky about seating depth. Really can't recommend anything, just start touching and move back in small increments. when you hit that node, work with the powder charge.

3. FeMan

FeMan CA Hunter's Ed Instructor Site $$ Contributor

A buddy gave them a try. I cant recall what he said the BC trued out to be but I think the G7 was around 0.300. Maybe less. It was WAY below the published out to 1k. It did shoot accurately for him though.

4. Dgd6mm

Dgd6mm Site $$ Contributor

I read over on LRH last night that Nosler will be discontinuing the 6.5 140 CC bullet, they did not say when. I'm not trying to discourage you, just informing you. I would think this to be true seeing how they came out with another 140 6.5 bullet. They will treat you plenty good for steel shooting. Build a good load and have fun.

Don Dunlap

Last edited: Mar 23, 2017 at 9:07 AM