New Midrange F-Class Team National Record

Discussion in 'Competition Forum (All Calibers)' started by effendude, Aug 25, 2019.

1. effendude

effendude

Sorry this is almost a month late in getting this out, but a new national record was shot at 600 yards for a 4 person team, 20 shots each, in F-Open at the Minnesota F-Class State Championships on July 27th. The X-Ring Stock team consisting of Jim Bauer (200-9X), Robert Loepfe (200-8X), Kent Weigel (200-11X) and Jeff Dick (199-10X) shot a new national record team score of 799-38X! Conditions were good, but these guys are excellent shooters. I teased Jeff about dropping the only point and he told me he was coached into the nine. None of the other team members have come forward to take that blame!

Congrats on great shooting! See you next year!

Scott

2. Ringostar

Ringostar

Great shooting guys! There are many great shooters in Wi. Possibly even Sebold!

Immike likes this.
  3. skibar_tx

skibar_tx

Hmm, 20 shots per team member, 600 yards, f-open record is

Brux-Lapua-Borden. 800x60

The NRA just recently updated all the national records so your registered paperwork probably had the previous record listed.

Last edited: Aug 25, 2019
  4. Immike

Immike Gold $$ Contributor

Well dammit that’s some fine shooting by both teams anyway, no doubt.

ShootDots and TZaun like this.
  5. Lbart

Lbart

As Ringostar stated the X-Ring Stock score is great shooting but the Brux boys record is the correct one and a super score. However, Team Berger-Bartlein-Seb-Kelbly fired the 1st 600 yard team clean on October 27, 2015 at the NRA F-Class Mid-Range Nat's - 800-52x. Coach - Jim Murphy, trigger pullers - Bob Bock, Larry Bartholome, Danny Biggs and the late; great, but not forgotten Don Nagle! Those Brux-Lapua-Borden guys are good but a little slow at getting a clean done;)

Last edited: Aug 25, 2019
  6. effendude

effendude

All the more reason to ride Big D on his dropped point. I am at the mercy of the national records list sent to me on around July 1 of this year. Still awesome shooting by a great group of guys.
    Scott

Immike and skibar_tx like this.
  7. Lbart

Lbart

Keep in mind during a team match, if the team wins it is because of the shooters, if you lose it is the coaches fault;)

8. Bob Sebold

Bob Sebold Gold $$ Contributor

Your right Larry, especially about the coaches. Sorry about coming late to the game. Most of the guys on my team did not start shooting in 1930's or even 20's like some of you more seasoned shooters. We will try to humbly impress you a little more in a couple weeks. I do miss Don Nagel.

skibar_tx, Down South and Immike like this.