Need PTG bottom metal install

Discussion in 'Main Message Board' started by rifleman1, Jan 5, 2013.

  1. rifleman1


    Dec 31, 2004
    I just bought new bottom metal from PTG(Accepts AICS mags). Obviously it is not made to fit into a stock cut for factory bottom metal. Who can I send my stock and bottom metal to to have it installed. I could hack at it myself with a dremel but I want it to be professionally done and feed from the AICS mag like it is supposed to. Anyone know who does this and could get to it in a timely manner. Thank You,
  2. Scott Harris

    Scott Harris Gold $$ Contributor

    Aug 28, 2009
    I'm guessing you are referring to their M5 Stealth bottom metal. "M5" refers to the very common Badger Ordnance M5 bottom metal and most stock manufacturers can provide an inlet for that on request. Ask the smith or whoever you plan on having do the work whether they can do an M5 bottom metal inlet. I'd also ask them how many they have done in the past....if the answer isn't 50 or more, find someone else. I"ve had bad experiences working with smiths who aren't familiar with detachable magazine bottom metal. There are a few important nuances and many of the benchrest smiths aren't familiar with them.

    Go to snipershide to ask for smith recommendations if you strike out: they'll have plenty of suggestions. LA Precision, R&D, Long Rifles, GA Precision are a few well know smiths that do tactical-style rifles. and are very familiar with the M5 bottom metal. Depending on which stock you have, you can also send it back to the stock manufacturer: McMillan and Manners for example.

Share This Page