Need more light

Discussion in 'Main Message Board' started by RetiredArmy, Dec 6, 2018 at 8:51 PM.

1. RetiredArmy

RetiredArmy Silver $$ Contributor

Need to put more light under shelf of reloading bench. Am thinking about an LED 4ft shop light. Any issues with dig scales?
    Thanks Bill

2. nmkid

nmkid Gold $$ Contributor

That's all I have in my loading room. No problems.

RetiredArmy likes this.
  3. RetiredArmy

Thank you

4. Willie

Willie Silver $$ Contributor

I'm sure your idea would work fine. I opted for this light. Was looking at Lowe's for lighting for 4 areas, all are eight foot benches. This is a LED floor lamp, but the base comes right off. There's also a bracket that adjusts for angle, so it can be used above or on the wall or wherever. Tried to get a pic of light on, but my phone wouldn't adapt to the bright light. It will light up the length of my 8' benches. I'm old and blind, but works great. Want to say $14-15 ea. if I have 2 that have a single large LED, and 2 with multiple LEDs. Output is about the same. Cord is 4-5 ft. IMG_20181207_020409.jpg

Bc'z and RetiredArmy like this.
  5. RetiredArmy

Thanks Willie, looks like those should be a good option as they have a smaller foot print.
    Thanks Bill

6. JMayo

JMayo

7. Willie

Willie Silver $$ Contributor

They are listed as LED portable floor lights, on line. I'm using the 1500 lumens model, but they go up to 2500. The bracket has a center hole, so you can bolt it or screw it to whatever works best. The knobs will let you adjust the light's angle for best coverage. I have one above my A&D 120i and have no problem with interference.

8. jghoghunter

jghoghunter Gold $$ Contributor

I have 2 4' shop lights with in 12" of my scale with no problems and plenty of light.