Monarch 5 vs meostar r1 vs siggestions?

Discussion in 'Scopes, Optics, LRFs, Spotters, BoreScopes' started by Jdb5324, Sep 9, 2019.

1. Jdb5324

Jdb5324

suggestions? Any feedback is great

2. SS GO DEVIL

SS GO DEVIL

3-12x56 meostar gets my vote. That’s a great hunting low light scope. Definitely top tier.

3. Dud

Dud

You might want to wait to see how the Optika 6 line pans out. There should be reviews coming out in the next few weeks.

4. Jdb5324

Jdb5324

The meostar is the top of the line meopta i believe and for only 600 how can I pass it up?

Last edited: Sep 10, 2019
  5. fantastic

fantastic

Schmidt & Bender is overrated, IMO. Plus, that new yellow tint they're using on the lenses is horrific.

Raythemanroe likes this.
  6. Jdb5324

Jdb5324

Who mentioned s&b?

7. Ledd Slinger

Ledd Slinger Gold $$ Contributor

Cant go wrong with Meopta glass and you wont be able to find any bad reviews on the Meostar R1 image quality. Nikon Monarch riflescopes are pretty good, but they cant compare to top end Meopta glass.

Maybe also have a look at the Trijicon Accupower line. Excellent Japanese ED glass.

8. Daveinjax

Daveinjax Silver $$ Contributor

Meopta Meostar all the way ! I bought a Monarch 5 last year because it was a “deal” and the rifle was a backup to a backup rifle. I’m used to Swarovski and Meopta and the Monarch 5 was a huge disappointment. I hadn’t bought a Nikon in many years and I won’t be buying any more.

9. Dud

Dud

Some of the Optika 6 are in the same price range. They have a 6x erector and if the optical quality is as good as I hope, they will be a bargain.

If you see one that has a set of features you like, as I said, it might be worth waiting.

Just a suggestion, if you can't wait, don't.

10. Jdb5324

Jdb5324

For 600 will anything

I was told meostar is top of the line meopta and optika6 is there entry level

11. Dud

Dud

Sure but some companies don't have a whole lot of difference between entry level and top of the line.

I'm not saying buy one, it might just be a compelling option if the optical and mechanical quality are as good as they said the prototypes were.

12. Ledd Slinger

Optika6 is essentially the MeoPro glass with added mechanical and magnification features.

But Meopta's entry level scopes aren't anything like Vortex, Leupold, Bushnell, Nikon and other brands that produce cheap Chinese trash for entry level.
    Even entry level Meopta optics are good quality and will impress for the price.

13. Jdb5324

Jdb5324

I was told the optika6 was entry level scope with more features and that the meopro was better "scope"..I know meostar is above both but how far idk

14. Ledd Slinger

Yeah we will just have to see when more people get them in their hands. Either way not worried about quality or glass. I know Meopta will deliver in those areas.

Just got a reply back from the Meopta CS yesterday. The 4.5-27x50 I want wont be shipping for another day 4 weeks :(

On a positive note, he sent me a picture of the 6.5 Creedmoor Dichrotech reticle. I dont have a 6.5 CM, but wanted to see what the new design looked like since theres no pics of it on the web site.

New 6.5 CM Dichrotech reticle
    Screenshot_20190912-144806_Drive.jpg