May 14th "Sierra Cup" Benchrest Rifle Club of St. Louis

Discussion in 'Competition Forum (All Calibers)' started by BrettM, Mar 26, 2016.

1. Carden260

Carden260 Gold $$ Contributor

Great Day, Wind was rough but as always had a great time. Thanks to everyone that showed up and Brett and Joe for putting it together.
    Nice recovery on lunch too!!!!

BrettM likes this.
  2. 500Stroker

500Stroker Silver $$ Contributor

Another great match, freez'n cold, major switching wind, I loved every minute.
    Congrat's to all the winner's they earned every point at this match.

Last edited: May 15, 2016
  3. Dusty Stevens

Dusty Stevens COVFEFE- Thread Derail Crew Gold $$ Contributor

Wheres the results?

4. sdneil

sdneil Silver $$ Contributor

Lucky Lucky Me... even an old blind dog finds a bone now and then...Hats off to the ground shooters,them guys and girl are bad ass... to the bone...there scores were awsome for the conditions, higher than the bench guys for sure....THANK YOU SIERRA!!!! for being the sponsor...great match...cold for sure...bad winds...but Fun for sure...good job Brett and Bobbie..and Joe...I am sure Brett will post scores soon...I think we had 57 shooters,great turn out...Thanks Neil G

BrettM likes this.
  5. Lbagdon

Lbagdon

Nice shooting Neil

6. ryanjay11

ryanjay11 Gold $$ Contributor

That was the toughest wind conditions I've seen at St. Louis. The winners were the top wind readers yesterday.

Way to go Neil! :)

BrettM and 300 RUM like this.
  7. skiutah02

skiutah02 Gold $$ Contributor

My first time at BRRC and it was as anticipated - a great place to shoot. Met a lot of gracious and talented shooters. Love getting to try new ranges and meet people from AS in person that I've come to feel like I know from postings here. It's fair to say that even the guy from North Dakota was chilled when we started on Sat. The warm welcome helped take the edge off.

I want to personally thank everyone who helped make the match go. Organizing a match of this caliber takes a lot of work even with an army of people behind the scenes, and without a core group herding the cats it doesn't run well as this one did. Thanks Brett, Joe and everyone who made this match run so smoothly. Coordinating with sling, bench, FTR and FOpen shooter's needs must have been remarkably challenging and you made it look effortless.

It was a fun time and can highly recommend this range and this match to everyone wanting an enjoyable and memorable experience. Conditions on Sat were definitely not a trigger pulling contest, and (for me) that adds to the fun. The amenities are top tier. Many of the ranges I shoot at do not even have running water, much less showers onsite.

Thanks to Sierra for the sponsorship and prize table - very generous. Thanks for the award waiving my entry fee as the "Long Distance Shooter" for my trek, that was classy and completely unexpected.

I arrived safely back home at noon today after getting a few hours of sleep in Omaha. Made it to my daughters piano recital with an hour to spare. Until next time,

Drew

BrettM, Lbagdon and Jdne5b like this.
  8. Average joe

Average joe Gold $$ Contributor

Thanks to all the shooters who came out, and to Sierra for sponsoring the match. It was good to meet and talk with some of the out of town shooters: Drew Rutherford, Eric Johnson, Russell Riser, and others. I never get to speak with as many people as I would like to at these matches. That's where the rest relay and lunch break help a little. Congrats to all the winners, they earned this one.
    Open- tony Francik
    T/R - Drew Rutherford
    Sling- Jeff Lindblom
    Bench- Neil Greenwell
    Thanks to Brett for sacrificing his shooting, in order to get pizzas when our lunch-lady was a no-show.
    I hope all had a good time. I look forward to doing it again next year.

image.jpeg image.jpeg

9. 300 RUM

300 RUM Gene Nowaczyk

Is there an overall standing of score that can be posted? I hate to see them but it was a
    school day

10. Down South

Down South FTR Junkie Gold $$ Contributor

Congrats to the winners, looks like a great match.

11. Cakes

Cakes

What fun! Thanks to Brett & Bobbie and Joe and especially the host sponsor "Sierra Bullets" for putting on again another classy match! Enjoyed the drive "down south" to relish your southern hospitality! It appears I brought all the cold temps with me from Minnesota:( Tough, switchy, COLD ...blustery.....I'll expect some better weather next year folks!! LOL. Great match, great people and totally made the drive worth it. Keep ordering up those blustery winds and I'm going to bring my .284 along instead of my little 6. 4 relay match went without a hitch as far as I know, and plan "B" for lunch was just fine! And kudos to Sierra for the 500 free bullets :) Eric in DL

12. Scott Harris

Scott Harris Gold $$ Contributor

congrats to all. where are those scores again?

13. Average joe

I apologize for the scores not being up, but I don't have access to them.
    Brett said he would get them out as soon as he could.

14. fred grossner

fred grossner

Hey Drew, was good meeting and shooting with you. Would you mind giving me you email address, I'd like to talk with you about your target camera system thanks

15. skiutah02

Sure. I believe if you click on email for me I should get it. I have described it a few times on AS. You can find within the thread below, and a few other places on remote camera threads if you search my username here. Nice to meet you too. Feel free to contact me if you have questions, Drew

http://forum.accurateshooter.com/th...shoot-penny-at-600-yds.3856262/#post-36468156

16. BrettM

BrettM

Sorry for the delay on getting the scores up. Work has kept me pretty busy. It was a great match. Thank you to Sierra for donating the trophies, plaques, bullet certificates and door prizes. This match has grown every year. I look forward to seeing the turn out next year.

Thanks again for all those who came out.

Attached Files:

17. Average joe

Thanks for posting Brett.

18. skiutah02

Ditto. Thanks again guys. Will be back.....hopefully will leave the cold and wind behind next time. Drew

19. Immike

Immike Gold $$ Contributor

Drew, you really dominated the field on this run! North Dakota left it's mark on the Sierra cup! Hope you felt at home with the cold front. Lol We enjoyed your visit to the warmer climates. Global warming huh?

Carden260 likes this.