LAX Ammunition

Discussion in 'Main Message Board' started by LGKLAS, Feb 22, 2020.

1. LGKLAS

LGKLAS

I am wanting to buy some factory loaded ammunition from LAX. Because my CC billing address is different than my shipping address, LAX wants a copy of my driver's license (billing address) and a copy of anything showing my name and the shipping address on it. I can provide both.

But, do not like the idea of sending a copy of my DL off to anybody in this day and age of ID theft and/or the hacking of business's data banks. Has anyone here had any trouble giving this info to LAX?

They otherwise seem like a straight up legit company. I'm not suspicious that they will misuse it, rather it could get hacked from them.

TIA, lg

2. Mark McMahon

Mark McMahon Gold $$ Contributor

I bought from them once, no issues

3. watercam

watercam Gold $$ Contributor

They are in Los Angeles, California and they have stringent ammunition purchase regulations now. Not their fault, they are required to ID all purchasers.

dgeesaman likes this.
  4. bluealtered

bluealtered Silver $$ Contributor

I have used their 10mm ammo for practice ammo before and it worked well, i believe the brass is starline but they of course won't tell you. It does reload well even when maxed out. My billing/shipping were the same so i didn't encounter that problem.

5. Uthink Uknow

Uthink Uknow Gold $$ Contributor

Cover up all the non-needed info and see what they say. They don’t need anything but your address.

Just Say Moe likes this.
  6. riflewoman

riflewoman Gold $$ Contributor

They’re a pretty solid straight-shooting company. I would have no issues.

7. Just Say Moe

Just Say Moe

I use "Paint" that comes with windows to remove the first or last 3 digits of the license number if somebody requests one.

8. 500yards

500yards

I bought both 124 and 147 9 mm in both new and rem. Its go more pop that the target stuff I buy. Blazer or Am Eagle is way better and less kick. Plus they come in nice boxes rather than dumped in a can.

9. 3Ackleys

3Ackleys

You could go get a prepaid Visa and use that.

dgeesaman likes this.