Jewell trigger fit?

Discussion in 'Gun Project Questions & Gunsmithing' started by JohnD, Mar 30, 2020.

1. JohnD

JohnD Silver $$ Contributor

I have a Jewell trigger for a Rem. 700 and the area where the front pin is will not slip up into location
    to allow installation. The rear pin area seems fine. What kind of fix I'm I looking at here?

Thanks, John.

2. gunsandgunsmithing

gunsandgunsmithing The best tuners and wind flags on the market Gold $$ Contributor

Put a piece of 220 grit on a flat surface and work the front of the trigger and that busing down until it fits nicely.

3. JohnD

JohnD Silver $$ Contributor

Thank you Sir. Figured it may be something like that but wanted to ask before I started sanding.

John

gunsandgunsmithing likes this.
  4. gunsandgunsmithing

gunsandgunsmithing The best tuners and wind flags on the market Gold $$ Contributor

Won't hurt a thing. Just take it easy. A slight friction fit is what you're looking for.

Stan Taylor likes this.
  5. Stan Taylor

Stan Taylor Gold $$ Contributor

Mike
    Tell him to send her to me I'll fix her.LOL 20200331_111128-1.jpg

hpshooter and gunsandgunsmithing like this.
  6. gunsandgunsmithing

That's the production grit sandpaper, right there! It'll get the job done too.

7. gunsandgunsmithing

You might use a file to make sure there are no burrs inside the trigger hanger/cutout in the action.

Stan Taylor and AlNyhus like this.