IBS Question

Discussion in 'Competition Forum (All Calibers)' started by MN50Shooter, Jan 15, 2020.

1. MN50Shooter

MN50Shooter Silver $$ Contributor

I joined the IBS yesterday online. I plan to shoot 600 & 1000 yard at my club Gopher Rifle and Revolver Club, here in Harris, Minnesota. And hopefully, Elbow Lake 600 yd, and possibly 600 yd at Humboldt, SD matches.

Will the IBS mail me a membership card?

Do I need to show the card at matches I compete in?

Thanks

SPJ likes this.
  2. jcline

jcline

If you joined online yesterday you will receive a card in the mail. You are supposed to show your IBS card when registering for every match you compete in.

MN50Shooter and geo.ulrich like this.
  3. MN50Shooter

Thank you. I was able to download and print my Temporary card (it wasn't available yesterday). I'll watch my mail for the permanent card. I won't need it until the first match in April, here in MN

SPJ likes this.
  4. CaptainMal

CaptainMal Silver $$ Contributor

They just started that on-line registration. Confirmation is now easy.

5. Markhor

Markhor Silver $$ Contributor

Excellent move! Will help increase & retain membership

6. drano38

drano38 Silver $$ Contributor

MN50Shooter
    Last summer, Hunters Point in Humbolt SD needed to see the card. So when you get your card, put it in your range bag so it goes with you.
    Maybe they can verify online, but showing a card means they don't need to look it up.
    Its a very nice range, so hope to see you there this summer.
    Agree - we don't need our cards for a few months with the miserable wind chills we have right now.

MN50Shooter likes this.
  7. jstover33

jstover33 Gold $$ Contributor

All cards have been mailed to shooters that have joined online, the most recent ones, today. If you have your confirmation email, or receipt that is proof should you not have your card in your wallet, that is as good as a card. That works on an interim basis until your card arrives. Kay tries to get them out in a day or so from your registration.

Jeff Stover, IBS Prez

8. MN50Shooter

drano38

I'm planning to shoot at least a couple of matches at Humboldt. It's only a 4 hour drive from me (Southwest Twin Cities), and I will hopefully be bringing my shooting buddy. We are both Newbies to the IBS. I'll be sure to put my member card in my range bag. It's just one less thing I have to remember to bring.

It will certainly be after we get rid of this snow/ice and frigid temps

drano38 likes this.
  9. MN50Shooter

Thank you for the update Jeff.