??how to disassemble the firing pin of a Nesika??

Discussion in 'Gun Project Questions & Gunsmithing' started by mao0720, Nov 8, 2019.

1. mao0720

mao0720 Silver $$ Contributor

Alright guys. I would like to to change the firing pin spring on my Nesika, but I cannot for the life of me find the right tool for the job. I have the kleindorst tool to remove the firing pin assembly from the bolt body, but what I need is a tool to compress the firing pin spring so that the cocking piece can be unscrewed from the firing pin. I do not believe I can use a Remington firing pin disassembly tool because the bolt shroud on the Nesika is closed at the back and therefore you can’t just push e firing pin out the back like you can on a Remington (I may be incorrect though). Does anyone have any suggestions on how to compress the spring on a Nesika action without injuring myself or my firing pin assembly? Thanks everyone for the help!

2. centershot

centershot Silver $$ Contributor

Remember that the bolt shroud is aluminum. At least it is on my TpE.

3. Dusty Stevens

Dusty Stevens COVFEFE- Thread Derail Crew Gold $$ Contributor

Should be 2 set screws (look with a bright light- dont stop until you know theres not another screw in there) in the cocking piece threaded down toward the firing pin. Remove those screws, and unscrew the pin from the cocking piece with shroud. I do this in a lathe for control but once it pops loose its not going to be violent. It only has about 1/2” of spring travel left but you do need to beware.

DickE and mao0720 like this.
  4. mao0720

I have done this before and got it apart ok, but getting it back together was a PITA. Any suggestions there? I don't have a lathe to chuck it in, so that is not an option.

5. Dusty Stevens

Drill a hole in a piece of wood of some type big enough the pin tip goes in but stops at the stop. You can push against that to screw it in.

mao0720 likes this.
  6. Dusty Stevens

Mount that in a vise or even to the wall. The front edge of a wood table will work too.

mao0720 likes this.
  7. carlsbad

carlsbad Lions don't lose sleep over the opinions of sheep. Gold $$ Contributor

Measure and mark it well before you take it apart will help you get it adjusted properly when you reassemble. Lathe is a good control feature.

mao0720 likes this.
  8. mao0720

Right. I know firing pin protrusion has to be set correctly.

9. Dusty Stevens

If i remember right it has a groove where the setscrews go like a bat. Youll put it back right by that. Protrusion is set by the shoulder on the pin

DickE likes this.