Hawke optics

Discussion in 'Scopes, Optics, LRFs, Spotters, BoreScopes' started by chet, Oct 2, 2018.

1. chet

chet

any comments on the Hawke optics. they have some nice models.

chet

2. SSL

SSL Gold $$ Contributor

Only experience I have with them is a couple of their 3x9 scopes with their Vantage (mil-dot) reticles. One is on an RWS .177 pellet rifle and the other is on a Browning T-Bolt. Both have very clear optics, parallax adjust down to 10 yards and have positive adjustments. No problems with them for my uses. Hawke also offers a free app for use with any of their scopes that is useful, if somewhat over-complicated. Very popular in England I'm told. Higher magnification scopes seem a bit pricey for some models when compared to more commonly available competitors. Just my 2 cents.

3. rsbhunter

rsbhunter

I have the Frontier 5-30 TMX reticle, and I would say it is an "OK" scope...it seems to me, the reticle has really fine lines....now if you like that, you will like this scope...I have Leupold, Sightron SIII , and a couple Zeiss conquest scopes to compare to....I don't feel it is in their class, but neither is the price....If it was the only scope I owned, I wouldn't feel handicapped for hunting or target...rsbhunter

4. Peebles24

Peebles24 Gold $$ Contributor

I was looking at the hawke sidwinder 10-50×60 found some reviews saying it was impossible to get paralax free past 300 yard. That would be a huge problem for me as im looking at minimum 600 yard in competition. I may be wrong but hawke started as a airgun scope company. Couple of our lgs sell them and they do seem nice for the price.

5. Ledd Slinger

Ledd Slinger Gold $$ Contributor

Made in China, but I tried the Sidewinder anyhow. Really mushy turrets. Typical for a cheaply made Chinese optic. Decent glass, but nothing impressive. Save your money and look at other brands.

6. Spike A

Spike A Silver $$ Contributor

local sport shop sells a few, one of my price sensitive friends purchased one for a 22-250, it seems ok seems to hold zero, however i think his model goes to 24x, and i would much prefer to use my leupold mark 4 that only goes to 14 as it is much more clear. also the owner of sport shops son purchased one and put it on 450, i mounted it and sighted it in for him, he pulled it out at dusk and couldnt see the deer through it, grapped another rifle with nikon on it and could see deer perfectly, the next day he dropped it off to me with a leupold to mount on it, said there was no reason it should have been like that...

7. wedgy

wedgy Gold $$ Contributor

I have a 3-12x50 Frontier ED that has been abused pretty well but still returns to zero when dialed, has had the objective full to the rim with water(no caps in a rainstorm) for a couple hours and didn't leak. The illuminated reticle works well by having a low enough setting to not blind you.
    I believe they are a British company with Japanese glass assembled in china.
    Not bad for the money.