First try with SS media, brass is rainbow colored

Discussion in 'Reloading Forum (All Calibers)' started by Dave in WI, Jan 19, 2019.

1. Webster

Webster

I don't even measure Dawn & LemShine, just eyeball from experience. My cases are always bright and shiny. I rinse in $1.00 a gallon distilled water that sells everywhere for steam irons, not drinking? You can do a lot of cases in 1 gallon. You can reuse it a few times. The citric acid in LemiShine is what brightens them up.

rwj likes this.
  2. Dusty Stevens

Dusty Stevens COVFEFE- Thread Derail Crew Gold $$ Contributor

Exactly

3. cw308

cw308

I switched to wet tumbling with SS Pins after 25+ years , now it's years later and would never change back to dry . I also in the beginning experienced pinkish rainbow brass , what I do is I first add alittle water to the pins add the detergent mix it in add the brass and fill to a half inch from the top with warm water . I felt when I added the detergent on top of the dresser added to the discoloration . I use Sun Liquid Detergent after asking my wife why don't you use Dawn , Sun cleaned better and she was right . I stopped using LemiShine . I let the tumbler run for two and a half to three hours . Brass looks brand new each time.