• This Forum is for adults 18 years of age or over. By continuing to use this Forum you are confirming that you are 18 or older. No content shall be viewed by any person under 18 in California.
Midsouth Shooters
Grafs.com Shooting Products
EuroOptic.com Scopes, Rifles, Accessories
BulletCentral.com
Bruno Shooters Supply

Feed ramp polishing for a rifle?

I have a remington model 7 that scrapes the tip of spire points when feeding and scrapes the side of accubonds as well. Can I have the feed ramp polished like a 1911. Don't want the shorten the COAL any because getting best accuracy where they are.

Thanks.

This is a simple job that you can do yourself. I’ve had good luck using a Dremel or similar tool with Cratex cone attachments. To get the best working angle reach in from the magazine cutout and you can easily do a respectable looking job. The ramps I have polished had deep machine marks that remained after polishing. My objective has been to soften the rough machining to the point where cartridges no longer left a copper “trail’ on the ramp. Course to medium grit Cratex cones have been enough to achieve that goal.

I would advise against using anything more aggressive like a sanding drum. It would be too easy to alter the geometry of the ramp and it would be easy to lose control of the tool and end up removing metal in places you don’t want to.

Grafs.com Shooting Products
EuroOptic.com Scopes, Rifles, Accessories
Brownells Discount Code
Bruno Shooters Supply
Midsouth Shooters
BulletCentral.com

Upgrades & Donations

This Forum's expenses are primarily paid by the generous contributions of members. You can upgrade your Forum membership in seconds with PayPal. Gold and Silver members get unlimited FREE classifieds for one year. Gold members can upload custom avatars.

Click Upgrade Membership Button ABOVE to get Gold or Silver Status.

You can also donate any amount, large or small, with the button below. Include your Forum Name in the PayPal Notes field.

To DONATE by CHECK, or make a recurring donation, CLICK HERE to learn how.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
STXB245